March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

24 Oct 2017 14:09 #18846 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Oh. Is he in it? Well, I guess I can start watching and turn it off if I don't like it. I probably wouldn't notice a thing about his accent, though.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2017 14:18 #18847 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
If it's the same Black Sea with submarines and treasure hunting type shenanigans then he's in it. You might notice that his accent is the same as it normally is.

Kind of like how Sean Connery's Russian accent sounds remarkably like Sean Connery's Spanish accent, which is pretty much like Sean Connery's Irish accent. And Sean Connery's Irish accent sounds like his American accent... They all sound like Sean Connery's Scottish accent.

24 Oct 2017 14:23 #18848 by Charlotte
ah. I was just about to say doesn't Connery sound Scottish... then I finished reading you post... I don't mind Connery though. I have a vague and totally unsubstantiated aversion to Law. Jude Law that is. Really don't know why.

24 Oct 2017 22:02 #18857 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I don't mind actors using their own accents as long as they put in a good performance. Connery always sounds the same but he always managed to play different characters that you could believe in and that's better that being distracted by a fake, bad accent.
The other day I avoided Child 44 on TV for that very reason.

25 Oct 2017 07:53 #18860 by Charlotte
I ended up not watching the movie. I started watching but... a bunch of grumpy men on a submarine... er... Just didn't seem very interesting. I made that purple pixel koaf (yup it's a koaf) instead...

26 Oct 2017 13:23 #18872 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
A bunch of grumpy men on a submarine has been the basis for some very good films.

26 Oct 2017 14:44 #18874 by Charlotte
Perhaps...

28 Oct 2017 19:34 #18917 by Charlotte
So I'm just back from the Ragnarok movie. I had fun pretty much all the time even if it does annoy me a little that Marvel take such liberties with Norse myth. Hel wasn't Odin's daughter, she was Loki's daughter. But then again, Loki doesn't actually have any dates in the movies so I guess it's a bit hard to explain how he fathered an 8 legged horse, a giant wolf, a giant serpent and a half dead woman...

Either way.... it was a bit like the producers got together and said "what if we could do whatever we wanted with these characters" and then they did. That, at least, does rhyme rather well with the old norse stories of the Gods' adventures... :P

28 Oct 2017 21:50 #18919 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Thor always feels like the odd one out of all the Marvel characters. Having a classic mythological hero tag along with Iron Man and Hulk seems a little awkward and they seem a little unsure of what tone to take so they usually just fall back on jokey comedy.
I've only seen the first two but I prefer the scenes when Anthony Hopkins is on screen. He always adds a bit of extra gravitas and charisma and I end up wanting to watch a film about his character.

29 Oct 2017 09:11 #18924 by Charlotte
It's quite possible you wouldn't like this one then... Hopkins do have a few scenes, but I actually felt that they lacked what he usually brings to the screen. Although in his defense he wasn't er... quite himself, to some extent...