April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

03 Apr 2021 23:55 #34330 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Agree with ya. The subject matter is not something that one usually drives a good story with, but they did a pretty good job with it overall I think.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2021 03:00 #34331 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Can't sleep... so I got back up and watched that animated film I added to my Netflix watchlist earlier. "Secret Magic Control Agency" (or similar). Basically the true story about Hansel and Gretel ;)

It was quite enjoyable, I thought :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Apr 2021 11:20 - 04 Apr 2021 11:24 #34332 by Digital Dave
Similarly here, I woke at 6am, but tried to actually go back to sleep for nearly an hour before giving up and just getting up. Since I didn't get to bed until after 12Midnight, was hoping to sleep in a bit. - But that's quite rare for me anyhow, regardless of when I get to sleep. I've always been one to rise early.

Spent damn near all day down in the basement yesterday doing stuff. I got a lot done, and I'm a bit sore TBH, but some things I wasn't expecting or had planned... I actually wanted to put in a new basement door in for a while, so I can finish up the drywalling around it, so last minute the Wife and Son ran up and picked it up after I ordered it on-line. So ripped out the old door and frame, but of course, nothing goes as planned. The knuckleheads who installed the original door when the house was built, added some more mortar-mix around the door framing, so I ended up having to remove the framing of the new one before installing it separately. (What a pain) but it's in now, and I plan on completing the rest today... after getting some hot tea and taking a couple Advil. :)

05 Apr 2021 21:31 - 05 Apr 2021 21:33 #34341 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I successfully got through season one of 13 Reasons Why and "enjoyed" in that sad kind of way.
I must admit that I didn't like episode/tape 12. Rehashing that plot from previous episodes seemed rather lazy and a bit exploitative. I also thought it was rather unnecessary as the character had already reached the emotional and psychological point that the story required so adding on another helping of misery felt like too much, as if they finally crossed the line that they were bravely pushing against for the rest of the show.
Thankfully the final episode delivered even if the counsellor was contrivedly inept for dramatic purposes. But as with the rest of the episodes, when it was good it was VERY good.

And now season two? :dry:
I'm actually undecided as to whether I should continue. The story is completely contained as a single season thing and I really can't see how the rest of the seasons can be anything other than an inferior spin off that shouldn't really have the same title.
No, I'll give it a go anyway. :)
But I will miss Hannah. :(

06 Apr 2021 07:55 #34343 by Digital Dave
I agree completely. I remember feeling the same way, as if they were running out of things and just trying to make the season longer by revisiting older stuff in that episode. ... But also liked the ended episode. - I also wasn't sure if I even wanted to watch the second season, but I did. But to be honest, I can't recall if I liked it as much or at all? :dunno: ... Guess the first season stuck with me more, and it has been a while since I watched it.

Also woke this morning at 3:30am and can't get back to sleep for some reason? I get up at 5am anyhow, but think I'm going to be extra tired today being I only got about 4 hrs. of sleep in.

06 Apr 2021 15:05 #34354 by Valence
I've seen lots of comments/stories recently about the newly discovered Russian Lord Of The Rings TV show but I've yet to find the time to watch it.
I shall post it here so I can come back to "enjoy" later. :lol:

However I have already seen those terrifying images of Gollum. :argh:

06 Apr 2021 16:24 #34358 by Charlotte
:blink:

*watches for almost 2 minutes and then gives up*

06 Apr 2021 22:20 #34363 by Valence
Slightly disappointed at the lack of a Balrog on that splendid bridge leaving Gandalf to... just get left behind?! :dunno:
Obviously all the budget went on his fireworks at the start. :lol:

07 Apr 2021 13:06 #34364 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Maybe they were confused by all the arguments online about whether Balrogs have wings, so they just played it safe and avoided having a Balrog at all.

07 Apr 2021 14:26 #34368 by Charlotte
I just saw about half of Gosford Park. I don't think I have ever seen a cast with so many recognisable faces before... Anyway, my tv info described it as a drama comedy where a murder upset the balance between the upper class and their servants... I started watching about half way through which is when the murder happened... The balance mentioned seemed vastly more upset by an American actor pretending to be a Scottish servant... And the only comedy was really Stephen Fry's completely inept inspector. He didn't solve the murder. Everyone was allowed to leave and the movie ended.

Kind of funny how a movie with a cast like that, and excellent acting, can still be so trivial. :hmm: Maybe that was the comedy part...