April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

28 Mar 2021 15:39 #34209 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
We have states here that don't practice it, and haven't for some time. I just hope we follow them soon. But you can even see where that in itself can cause issues, being other states around them do...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2021 22:21 - 31 Mar 2021 00:51 #34248 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Gonna try and start on some different Netflix things tonight.

First up is The Irregulars and five minutes into the first episode I already don't like the anachronistic music and the tone is rather flippant and childish. :eyeroll:
But we'll see how it goes....

EDIT: later...

Warning: Spoiler!

Let's have a look at Bridgerton....

Another later EDIT...

Well this is funnier and more ironic than I expected. And the use of colour in some of those posed scenes is amazing. Reminded me of that great painting La Soiree by... (and I've had to google to remember the artist's name :P)
Vittorio Reggianini. :)

More EDITs...

Next up, The Punisher. With lots of scenes of moody man being moodily moody. Lots of scenes. Lots of moody. :dry:
Finally! Some different characters being less moody. Yikes, is that C Thomas Howell? :blink:

31 Mar 2021 00:51 #34251 by Digital Dave
By chance, did you subscription recently go up? ... Twice

One a simple price hike, and then, an added recently implemented tax?

31 Mar 2021 01:46 #34252 by Valence
I'm not quite sure. With all the other price rises for all the tv channels it's becoming hard to notice individual ones. :dry:

31 Mar 2021 02:25 #34254 by Digital Dave
Yeah, they raised the monthly amount here a few months ago from $12.99 to $13.99, and not two month later?, I see the auto payment on my bank statement, and it's now showing $14.83? ... So I looked it up on-line, and sure enough, all the streaming apps such as, Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo, HBOMAX, etc. are all now going to be charging tax on their bills each month. Something the never did before. But apparently they just passed a bill for this, and say they average person will end up paying an extra $4 a month since most have 4 or 5 different services.

31 Mar 2021 09:51 #34257 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I think mine is still 89 sek/month.... if we're talking netflix? (lowest cost - 1 screen and no hd)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Mar 2021 11:47 #34258 by Digital Dave
Wow, I didn't even know Netflix offered different options/plans. Not sure if they do that here? Will have to check. - I've always just paid the regular monthly plan cost, which I think was only $10.99 when I started, but has gone up a few times now over recent years. ... But it seems that all of those streaming companies are now upping prices a little at a time recently, and though it's not a huge jump, it actually bothers me more than it should I guess? I mean, there are a lot more folks cutting cords these days and opting for these services, like I did 3 - 4 years ago. So you would think that they should be getting pretty good business, so why start bumping up pricing so often?

Presently I still have Netflix. I also picked up Peacock this year, because they started putting some of the EPL Soccer games on there each week and hated missing those. I recently picked up HBO/Max, just to have some options, and also picked up Disney for the Wife, since she likes watching some of the older shows they have on there, as well as the Disney Movies. And they also have all the Marvel Movies now, which I like. And it was only $4.99 a month, so thought that wasn't bad. - Not sure if they bumped their pricing since I joined, but I'm guessing I will be seeing at least an added tax next time it's due. ... I just hate the nickel-and-dime shit these companies do all the time. (Sorry, just not in a very good mood these past few days. :unsure: )

31 Mar 2021 11:59 #34259 by Valence

I think mine is still 89 sek/month.... if we're talking netflix? (lowest cost - 1 screen and no hd)

Yeah, that's the one I'm on, I think it's about six quid in the UK but I've never heard about having to pay extra tax before. :dunno:
And it's the sports channels that are the things that cost the most over here.

I did squeeze in one more show in my "first episode" binge last night by starting 13 Reasons Why. Reminded me a lot of Life Is Strange with it's similar setting and mood but the most surprising thing was the sheer amount of warnings that came with it. :blink:
Before it started I had to sit through an entire minute of the cast asking me if I should really be watching it. :dry:
But it was the best of the things I tried out so I'll probably stick with that for a while.

31 Mar 2021 12:28 #34261 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I think the extra tax is an American thing - taxes are included in the price we're given here... So if the taxes are raised the whole price would be raised for us. I think :S

Are you SURE you'll stick with that, though Val? Maybe you shouldn't. Really.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Mar 2021 13:27 #34262 by Digital Dave
I think this was just implemented. here It was all included for us until this month too. But from the article I read, it sounds like they just did a group thing, putting all their eggs in one basket so to speak. Guess they couldn't have one or two companies be allowed to do it, and not others?