April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

15 Mar 2021 15:16 #34041 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I should probably start another Netflix thing this week after finishing some stuff. Maybe one of my less-favourite Star Treks? Or maybe Alias Grace? Or... I don't know yet. :lol:

Oh, and I saw another trailer for that unnecessary rehashed superhero thing. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2021 15:29 #34043 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
"Official trailer #2"

What happened to the dozen or so other official trailers they have released over the past three or four years? :dry:

15 Mar 2021 15:31 #34045 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
They are hereby declared unofficial. Or is it inefficial? inefficient... :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Mar 2021 15:52 #34046 by Valence
They were probably trailers for the trailer. :confident:

15 Mar 2021 15:56 #34047 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:aha:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Mar 2021 16:05 #34049 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
That nonsense is as bad as companies that make announcements announcing that they will be making an announcement.

19 Mar 2021 23:44 #34098 by Valence
Gonna try to fit in Return Of The King now. May end up splitting it into two parts or may just fast forward a bit through those endings. :P

20 Mar 2021 00:19 #34099 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I actually threw the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on the day before yesterday, while working from home. And today, watched the Hobbit Trilogy. I had seen the first one a while back, but never watched the other two until today. ... They just happen to have them all on HBOMax, and since there isn't anything else on during the day.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

20 Mar 2021 15:54 - 20 Mar 2021 15:59 #34103 by Valence
I did manage to fit it in with a touch of fast forward through a couple of moments. :)
And now begins that age-old ritual of trying to work out which scenes should have been cut to make the best ending for you. :hmm:

First of all I'd get rid of that Fade-To-Black on the mountain before the eagles arrive. That's a horrible fake-death cheat and if a first year film student did that they'd be slapped down by their teacher. Then I'd remove (or at least trim) the cringey bit where Frodo wakes and everyone grins in slow motion. Next to go is Aragorn's coronation. The film may be called Return of The King but it's never been his story and his arc is complete when he gets the sword and does the thing with the dead ghosties. Everything after that is tautology. So no King Aragorn, no Arwen popping up and certainly no Aragorn singing in a made-up language. :nope:
I do like the "You bow to no-one" line but I can live without it.
The return to the Shire needs to be acknowledged but a simple establishing shot will suffice instead of the slow ride and the silent nodding.
Now the Sam bits... :hmm:
Keep the tavern moment when he goes to talk to Rosie but no wedding and no kids at the end. "I'm back" may be an iconic bit in the books but I don't need it here. I do think Frodo's line about Sam being torn between two people needs to stay so maybe move that to the tavern scene.
So I shall leave Frodo writing the book and moaning about the wound that never heals and definitely keep all the Bilbo/Grey Havens sequence which is beautifully paced and one of my favourite scenes in all of cinema, but I shall end the film on that shot of Frodo looking back over his shoulder with his poignant smile. That one image really nails everything about the character's story and experiences and as he leaves so should we.

And that concludes this particular episode of Fantasy Film Editor. :P

23 Mar 2021 20:31 #34138 by Valence
I'm currently watching that rubbish 90s Godzilla movie. :shrug: