April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

06 Mar 2021 23:39 - 07 Mar 2021 00:11 #33930 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
For my Saturday Night Sleep I'm now starting Gangster Squad, which was on TV (and recorded) earlier in the week.
My hot chocolate is ready and a yawn is incoming.... ;)

Edit: I think all the budget for this film went to the cast with very little left for the scriptwriters. :dry:
But despite the cheesy lines I'm still awake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2021 12:12 - 07 Mar 2021 12:29 #33932 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Dear fictional diary, I have now seen Assassin's Crud the motion picture presentation adaptation of the video game franchise of the same name. Some stuff happened, actors stood still and looked into the middle distance through moodily lit windows a lot, it then ended. It was rubbish. :confident:

EDIT -

07 Mar 2021 12:49 #33934 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I didn't begin to feel drowsy until the end credits of Ganster Squad last night. :)
I then deleted it from my recordings and started watching something else. But I slowly began to realise that I couldn't remember how the film had ended. So I got it back out of my "deleted" folder, rewound and confirmed that I obviously DID fall asleep during the final shootout scenes. :oops:

Overall it was like a mash up of LA Confidential and The Untouchables with dialogue that sounded like it was written by a teenager.
At one point a character was shot by a cop and as he lay wounded the cop came closer and aimed his gun once more as the guy said, "You won't shoot me, you're a cop." :blink:

Assassin's Creed is a strange one. I've seen it three times but it's very forgettable. Even when you're awake. :lol:
Perhaps you would have enjoyed it more while snoozing. :)
Don't let it put you off from playing all those games that you own. They're all much better stories.

07 Mar 2021 13:07 #33935 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
"there's something wrong with this beach!"
:blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Mar 2021 22:31 #33938 by Charlotte
I just watched something called the Devil's Gate. The info said it was supernatural. It was alien invasion. Though I guess that might be a spoiler. Still, those are not the same things :stare:

08 Mar 2021 10:33 #33941 by Banj
If it was on Netflix that doesn't surprise me. The way they categorise a lot of things is a mystery to me.

08 Mar 2021 12:29 #33945 by Charlotte
It wasn't. It was on TV (C more, maybe? One of the movie channels) and it was my TV info that said supernatural. They could have just said "horror". And that the FBI agent "uncovered something unexpected" or something like that...

Today I watched an episode of the Charmed reboot that I only learned existed earlier this year. Did not care for it. Maybe I'm too old but I can't recall the original Charmed feeling like just another teenage/highschool drama. With someone very similar to Buffy's Giles to help them, too. Meh.

08 Mar 2021 12:44 #33946 by Banj
Charmed... Ew :X

08 Mar 2021 12:54 #33948 by Charlotte
I really liked the original... :dry:

08 Mar 2021 13:13 #33949 by Banj
:ohmy: :eek: