April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

21 Jan 2021 16:10 #33256 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
:hmm: :dumb: :aha:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2021 22:17 - 21 Jan 2021 22:20 #33263 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Just started watching The Glitch on Netflix. Seems to be similar to the French Les Revenants, a bunch of dead people return to life. But in Australia. Seems pretty good, as far as I can tell after one episode. Creepy yet not horror - the dead peeps seem OK. Like in Les Revenants they don't know why they're back and seem to have no agenda and they're not evil zombies or anything. Hmm actually there are more similarities... *has to google*

EDIT: so it seems it IS an Aussie version of the French version, and there are also two American versions. Which I've not seen.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Jan 2021 22:30 #33264 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I thought it sounded familiar when I read the premise. I vaguely recall seeing an American version, and as with most American remakes it wasn't very good. Much like the remake of Utopia I watched just before Christmas was a very poor imitation of the original series.

21 Jan 2021 22:31 #33265 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I remember the French version. That was a wonderfully eerie show, especially the first season. The finale of season one sticks in my mind as being one of the best episodes I've seen.
And it had a great soundtrack too. :)

21 Jan 2021 23:02 #33266 by Charlotte
I really loved the French version, though I can't recall the end of season one or the music :P I also remember feeling like it wasn't truly explained/resolved at the end. Or maybe it was just... wrapped up too fast? Not sure, but I think during the first season I expected it to be one season only and then when it wasn't, I guess I figured it'd go on for longer, or something. I vaguely remember not being too keen on something about it.

And while googling the Glitch I came across some commentary on the American versions. If I remember correctly, one was bad and the other was a straight knock off where they'd basically just translated the French one.

22 Jan 2021 15:35 #33267 by Valence
I think the enigmatic, ambiguous mood was the big attraction of that show.
They could have easily ended it with just one season and I wouldn't really have any complaints about all the unanswered questions. :)

22 Jan 2021 16:47 #33269 by Charlotte
Watching the second episode of The Glitch.
Getting annoyed at the "I need to tell these people about something but why tell it to both of them at the same time when I can tell them separately..." and further "oh he doesn't believe me, I'll rush out in a huff instead of take him straight to the evidence"

24 Jan 2021 20:20 #33281 by Valence
Seems a while since we had a trailer in the Trailer Park. :dry:

I feel sorry for Rebecca Hall if these are the best lines she gets in the film. :unsure:

24 Jan 2021 21:14 #33283 by Charlotte
Hasn't this movie been made before? :dumb:

The past couple of days I binged through "Fate: The Winx Saga". It's only 6 episodes, and I thought it was fairly good. Even if it's the usual "teens going to magic school and not doing what they should because they're teens and the main character more so than anyone". I think it's based on an animated show?

There's some creepy horror (the Burned Ones), some mystery (What the heck really happened back then?) and some magic. And with "more so than anyone", I don't mean the main character (whose name I've already forgotten*) is excessively teensy, just excessively "Everyone tells me not to do this so I will do it right away!" Traits like that tend to grow old very fast... At least in my opinion. (Burnham suffers quite a bit from it too, in Discovery)

*oh wait, it was Bloom. She's a fairy after all. Though her parents didn't know that so, uhm... a bit more of mystery, I guess...

Oh and I've forgotten about the Glitch. Maybe I'll watch another episode before bed.

24 Jan 2021 21:29 #33284 by Valence

Hasn't this movie been made before? :dumb:

I'm beginning to think that ALL movies have been made before. :lol:

Still haven't started on Discovery s3 yet, or any of those Netflix thingies. But I am almost at the end of Black Sails. Will watch the final two episodes over the next day or so. :pirate:

And speaking of sea/ship based entertainments, if I hear The Wellerman one more time I'm gonna kill someone. :shakefist:
It was good the first time a couple of weeks ago. But please stop now. :stare: