March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

29 Dec 2020 00:17 #32905 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Never heard of... :dry:

and you gave up with half a season left? :P Granted, there seem to be further seasons planned. I saw some gossip about the guy playing the elongated man being fired and not returning for season 7. It's hard to believe I only ever saw the first three seasons and thought that was it. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2020 00:49 #32907 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I read the book ages ago so thought the movie might be worth watching. So far it doesn't seem quite as interesting as that, hence my typing here. :)

I think that when the Crisis crossover thing was broadcast on TV there was a bit of a mid season break afterwards and I just didn't bother coming back to any of them. :shrug:

29 Dec 2020 11:53 #32912 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

I was annoyed already that this Crisis was related to "the Monitor"

So you could say that you are Anti-Monitor :whistle:

29 Dec 2020 12:08 #32913 by Charlotte
:stare:

29 Dec 2020 17:32 #32938 by Charlotte
:blink:
Lucy? What are you doing in this Crisis!? :ohmy:

30 Dec 2020 16:52 #32948 by Valence
Last night I watched Spiderman: Far From Home.
I surprised myself by really enjoying the previous one but this was pretty ordinary. The first half felt like a flimsy teenage comedy and the second part just made me think of old Scooby Doo episodes. :blink:

31 Dec 2020 13:47 #32958 by Charlotte
Earlier today I watched the first episode of the 2019 TV-series The Name of the Rose. I'd seen it being available on Swedish SVT Play but I thought it was the movie I saw way back, so.... when I realised it was a remake sort of thing (with John Turturro and Rupert Everett among others) I decided it's probably worth a watch. And I think I was probably right. Good thing I don't remember very much from the movie (I don't think I read the book, but I'm not sure. I know I have another of Umberto Eco's books - Baudolino - but in spite of having owned it for like centuries or so, I still haven't read it. I think I tried once.)

31 Dec 2020 15:37 #32967 by Valence
I too was expecting the film when I watched that and despite the initial disappointment of no Sean Connery I did quite like what they did with it and John Tuturro was much better than I imagined. Some of the other casting is a bit off but its worth sticking with even if it does drag on a little too long. Then again Umberto Eco's books do also drag on to great lengths too. :lol:
I think I've only read this one and Foucault's Pendulum, and I recall enjoying them both... very slowly. :)

01 Jan 2021 22:07 #32992 by Valence
The other day I watched the second one of those recent IT movies even though I don't really like them. I did spot the Stephen King cameo which demonstrated to the world that he's not an actor. :dry:

And right now I'm watching tonight's Doctor Who episode even though I don't really like Doctor Who either.
Maybe I should just watch things I do like. :)

02 Jan 2021 12:38 - 02 Jan 2021 12:45 #33007 by Charlotte
grrr SVT Play is buffering all the time. I'm trying to watch the name of the rose. I like the architecture of the monastery they're at and how many scenes look like old paintings. Turturro's face is remarkably suitable for a painting of that age, too.

*reached the end of episode 3*
My, that was a conveniently placed reflection... :blink: