April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

18 Aug 2017 14:30 - 18 Aug 2017 14:32 #17718 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Today I might see "The Possession" on TV. It's apparently based on a true story :? (I'm guessing very losely based, unless by "true story" they mean a book that wasn't based on the movie :dry:)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2017 14:39 #17719 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
Ooh I really enjoyed that movie & id completely forgotten about it. Might watch it again! I wouldn't have thought for a second it has any truth, but I think you'll like it

18 Aug 2017 14:43 - 18 Aug 2017 22:53 #17721 by Charlotte
I hope so, but.... it has kids in it. Kids are scary...

EDIT: Now seen. Not sure what I think. The "end climax thingy bit" was rather noisy. Lots of screaming... The mandatory "this is not over yet, final ending ending" was there. There were quite bit of creepy stuff but I kind of felt that the creepy bits "promised more to come" without actually delivering... Although I might just have focussed too much on my pot holder crocheting :p

26 Aug 2017 21:26 #17829 by Charlotte
I'm not sure what the movie will actually be about but it's kinda funny anyway...

28 Aug 2017 10:44 #17832 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
It'll be about 2 hours probably.

28 Aug 2017 10:50 #17833 by Charlotte
:dry: :eyeroll: :lol:

28 Aug 2017 11:44 #17834 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Maybe 90 minutes. :)

Some years ago, I looked up why movies were now being mostly made 90 minutes long, when the norm for so many years was close to 2 hours. I found the answer a bit ludicrous. ... It said something along the lines of, 'they found that most people felt 2 hours was too long to sit through a movie and that they found it easier to stay in-tuned to the movie when it closer to 90 minutes' :dunno:

But oddly, it seems that nowadays, more and more folks are becoming lovers of binge-watching, and even watching multiple seasons of a show over a single day or weekend? Which could be years of episode viewing squeezed into hours? ... So 120 minutes is too much, but watching 36+ hours of a show in just a couple days works? Guess it all depends on the seat you're sitting in. :lol:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

28 Aug 2017 14:03 #17836 by Charlotte
Reminds me of TV - documentaries specifically. I used to love watching nature documentaries on TV and they'd have a brief intro (by E-Types father) and then an hour long, in depth and informational... David Attenborough kind of stuff. Now the same show is divided into snippets, and all the facts introduced are basic and repeated 3-5 times. Just in case the viewer wasn't focused the previous 3 times, I guess. Not to mention they never ask all the questions I want to see asked. Very frustrating. Maybe in future we can have interactive documentaries where we can ask our own questions of the AI host who'll customize the program specifically for each individual. :P

28 Aug 2017 16:24 - 28 Aug 2017 16:26 #17838 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yes, they do indeed repeat a lot, especially when they break it down into a series as you stated. My wife will walk in and go 'you watching that again', or 'we just saw that'? And I will let her know they are just showing it again, but in a different episode. :) And yes, David Attenborough is definitely a house-hold name. That's who I think about when it comes to nature programs or narrators. I'd say 95% of the nature shows I've watched were narrated by him.

And you're probably not too far off with the AI stuff either. With the technology we have today, and how fast it's progressing/developing, I'm sure there are already similar programs that can do some of those things, and it's probably not too far off before we start seeing them a lot more. :)

Kind-of similar in thought, just look at video games. It used to be you played a preset adventure, just trying to figure out how to get to the next stage. But everyone generally did the same thing to get through Now, they are making more and more sophisticated games where your choices not only dictate who you become, or how you look, but where the adventure goes from there. - Which I think is great, but it does involve so much more then just slapping together levels. The bad thing is, it takes so long to produce something like this and of quality, that most get upset on the wait time, or if it's dropped after years of work and waiting. But again, if you put it out early, and it's full of bugs, those same folks will be there just the same with their pitchforks and calling you all kings of names. :)

Sadly, the only person you can truly please, is yourself. When it's within your means, that is.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

28 Aug 2017 16:36 #17839 by Charlotte
yeah I like customiseable (?) games and dislike when I can't choose what character to play (even as basic as male/female). I don't think I've played a single game ever where I haven't wanted to change something :P