April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

17 Sep 2020 00:12 #31083 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Talking hamsters will never be believable. :giggle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2020 08:12 #31084 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Indeed :D

I quit the movie half way through thinking it's the first animated movie ever, that I didn't care to watch all the way through. But this morning I remembered Bambi. Or rather, not watching it all the way through.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Sep 2020 17:13 #31108 by Valence
Finished Messiah last night and mostly enjoyed it. I would have preferred a more ambiguous ending but I realise there are only a limited number of ways you can finish a story like that.
So while I now debate whether to go back to Sens8 or Aquarius, I've continued on with the last season of Orphan Black. It's still entertaining enough even though it's a very different show from the clever excitement of the first season.

19 Sep 2020 20:21 #31110 by Charlotte
Joker is on Netflix :blink:
I had no idea. But I'm not sure I'm in the right frame of mind to watch it... :dry: It's added to my list.

19 Sep 2020 20:56 - 19 Sep 2020 20:57 #31111 by Valence
Not on my Netflix. Unless it's a different kind of Joker. :lol:
Over here Sky's movie channels have a near monopoly on the rights to recent films and other channels/services only get them months (sometimes years) later.

Haven't decided on my Saturday movie yet, just watching the end of the football. The staggered kick offs of the new season are intruding on my usual Netflix/gaming/painting. Maybe that's why I'm failing to do much lately. :P

I see the Pacific Rim sequel is on normal TV tonight but I've seen that and didn't like it. I may end up watching that Tom Cruise thing Oblivion again. :hmm:
Unless I find something else. ;)

19 Sep 2020 22:06 #31112 by Charlotte
I think it's been months :dry: and well, I didn't expect it to be available to me either, but it is :P

I started watching a Jurassic Park series.... thought "this looks more like a computer game" and then realised that it WAS a game. That is, one of the characters were playing the game. For a moment there, it seemed to be a very short movie (or series), as the main character became T-rex dinner :P

Alas I did not feel like animated stuff today so I stopped watching and did some .... painting practice!? :ohmy:

19 Sep 2020 22:31 - 20 Sep 2020 00:18 #31113 by Valence
Forget that Tom Cruise thing, I'll try something I haven't seen...
In The Shadow Of The Moon. :confident:

Edit: Well that was an odd film. It strangely managed to be both baffling yet obvious at the same time. I guessed the main part of the "mystery" instantly (although I don't know how) but other parts still confuse me now despite being slowly explained to me at the end. :shrug:

21 Sep 2020 17:29 - 21 Sep 2020 17:55 #31139 by Charlotte
hmmm.... I just started watching a Swedish TV series which I'm not sure if it's going to be thriller, mystery or supernatural.... but so far it's not terrible. I usually dislike Swedish stuff due to the lines all sounding forced and unnatural...

EDIT: OK now it's the usual "normal" (=dysfunctional or unhappy) family, where the kids don't really wanna talk and nobody does any good acting... *sigh*

21 Sep 2020 18:11 #31140 by Valence
I was eager to know what it was called... until your edit. :lol:

21 Sep 2020 18:26 - 21 Sep 2020 18:26 #31141 by Charlotte
It's called White Wall. Not sure why it has an English title.... is that an expression that means something?
The "cliff hanger" ending of the first episode made me think of the advent children's shows... :dry:

The family bit was only for a short while though. Most of it is down a mine. It's about a company about to open a storage facility for radioactive waste, and well.... activists don't want it to open, the bosses do want it to open before they go bankrupt and the main character just lost 3 people on his team in a freak explosion. So he's investigating what happened.

EDIT: and I should mention it's on Swedish telly, not Netflix ;)