Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

24 May 2020 15:54 #29214 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
But the Emperor's alive.... somehow. :dry:

And while trying to explain it a character actually does say, "somehow." :lol:
Banj will love that bit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2020 16:32 #29216 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
...if he ever sees it... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 May 2020 10:53 #29221 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I haven't seen it but I am aware of the terrible "story" and of the Emperor, and all the other instances of characters getting killed but not really throughout the film. And now Disney are apparently planning to bring Boba Fett back from the dead. :facepalm: :eyeroll: :yoda:

25 May 2020 11:49 - 25 May 2020 11:49 #29224 by Valence
Not-really-deaths may be annoying but there was something satisfying about Force Heal finally appearing in the films after performing it so many times in the KOTOR games. :)

25 May 2020 12:12 - 25 May 2020 12:13 #29226 by Banj
It has a pretty significant effect on the perception of existing characters in the series. Obi Wan happily let Padme die in childbirth, after already casually leaving Qui Gon dead. All those Jedi that were massacred during Order 66 could potentially have just revived each other. Luke could have revived Yoda and his own father. All those Ewoks and rebels that died could have been brought back to life but were left dead. Han Solo doesn't need to be dead now because he could have been revived. Basically Luke and Obi Wan are worse than the Sith now.

25 May 2020 12:25 - 25 May 2020 12:26 #29227 by Charlotte
:dry:
stop with the spoilers already... :stare:

(edit: though to be honest I can't remember the emperor dying so if he's revived then... I wouldn't even notice...)

25 May 2020 13:22 #29228 by Banj

:dry:
stop with the spoilers already... :stare:

(edit: though to be honest I can't remember the emperor dying so if he's revived then... I wouldn't even notice...)

Warning: Spoiler!

25 May 2020 13:38 #29229 by Charlotte
oh.... in a whole, you say? :p

and of course I looked. But I think you're talking about episode 6 and I was trying to recall what on earth happened on that island, or wherever that Raygirl was at the end of the last movie. I do remember Luke disappearing.... :dry:

25 May 2020 13:45 #29230 by Valence

It has a pretty significant effect on the perception of existing characters in the series. Obi Wan happily let Padme die in childbirth, after already casually leaving Qui Gon dead. All those Jedi that were massacred during Order 66 could potentially have just revived each other. Luke could have revived Yoda and his own father. All those Ewoks and rebels that died could have been brought back to life but were left dead. Han Solo doesn't need to be dead now because he could have been revived. Basically Luke and Obi Wan are worse than the Sith now.

In that case you'll be overjoyed to learn that in the scenes with Force Heal it's explained and then demonstrated to not work in that way. And I think it'd be a spoiler to go further. :)
But let's be honest, no sane person is gonna be bringing the teddy bears back from the dead anyway. :evil:

25 May 2020 13:45 #29231 by Banj
Yep, the whole hole, not just a bit of it that he could have escaped from.