April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

31 Jul 2017 17:52 #17181 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

:argh: And I haven't even seen "You'll Float 1" yet. (I think when they say extended they mean they took a several different trailers and welded them together)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jul 2017 18:21 - 31 Jul 2017 18:22 #17185 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Seems like. And everytime I see a movie with kids in it I wish it was made with adults instead. Unless it's a really crappy movie, then I just don't wanna watch :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Jul 2017 19:27 #17187 by Dragon6261
Replied by Dragon6261 on topic The Trailer Park
IT was excellent , it takes a reboot to mess it up.........

01 Aug 2017 09:43 #17190 by Banj

Seems like. And everytime I see a movie with kids in it I wish it was made with adults instead. Unless it's a really crappy movie, then I just don't wanna watch :P

Easily the best moments in the story are during 50's sections when they are children. As far as I know they have chosen to make two films one with the childhood events and the second with the adults returning to Derry. You will just have to skip the first one :P

01 Aug 2017 09:47 #17191 by Charlotte
Kids are so annoying. And usually terrible actors. Either way "IT" is a movie I can probably do without. I must try to remember Valerian tomorrow, though! Or Friday.... Or Sunday....

01 Aug 2017 19:36 #17215 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Man, that's one long trailer!

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Aug 2017 09:05 #17218 by Banj

Man, that's one long trailer!

We will get to a point where the films themselves have shorter running times than the trailers for them. We are already at the point where we get teasers for the trailer of the trailer.

02 Aug 2017 11:17 #17220 by Digital Dave
Yeah, and the worst part is, they want to keep replaying it over and over until you get sick of seeing it. :unsure: Not to mention when you finally do go see something, you learn that most of the good parts were already shown in the previews, and the rest of the movie is blah...

02 Aug 2017 11:35 #17221 by Charlotte
well if the trailer shows you the main parts of the story and the best special effects you don't need to go see the movie. Think of the money you'll save! :woohoo:

Somewhat related I keep getting those emails from er... whataretheycalled (the emails that were previously sent by IFX). They have been complaining about bad movie postsers lately and then there was a new one for... for... er... Ragnarok? And they thought it was soooo good and a new fresh start for movie posters and what not. Did you see that? I thougt it was just a bit too much of everything :P (especially color, which seems to go for all the alt posters as well)

(best quality version I could find, funny enough)

02 Aug 2017 18:29 #17227 by Digital Dave

well if the trailer shows you the main parts of the story and the best special effects you don't need to go see the movie. Think of the money you'll save! :woohoo:

Actually, I already save quite a bit since I stopped going to the movies some years ago. Sadly the associated clientele pretty much ruins it most the time, so I started just watching things from home. Though I know it's nice to see some movies on the big screen, if I can't choose the other viewers that will be in attendance, it's a good chance there will be some 'Yahoos' present that will not enhance the viewing experience! :dry: