April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

13 Feb 2020 22:36 #27819 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I like having subtitles too - sometimes it's a wee bit hard to hear what they're saying otherwise :p

Also, the original Beck movies (if you can call them that - I think they've been done more than once in Swedish, even before Branagh attacked them) was a collaboration with Germany, so there was one dubbed actor who was present in several movies :p

Which reminds me of when Il Commissario Montalbano's girlfriend Lydia showed up (rather than just being a character on the phone). She obviously couldn't speak Italian and was very obviously just pretending. You'd think they could have asked her to lip sync to the voiceover or something?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2020 01:17 #27836 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
When I finally got around to watching a movie I picked Pet Semetary and found it a little boring. Stephen King's "scary" stuff is not really my kind of thing.
At least it wasn't too long. :dry:

And with Witcher gone and Lost In Space almost done (only one to go) I am now searching for the next thing to watch. In the meantime I've started that nerdy rewatch of old Star Treks and I'm ironically enjoying the atrocious first season of TNG. :lol:

18 Feb 2020 00:05 #27850 by Valence
...Lost In Space is now done for me. I didn't expect that kind of ending.

Warning: Spoiler!

And right now I'm watching a smooth-chinned Riker getting over-excited about the planet Aldea. :dry:

18 Feb 2020 00:28 #27853 by Charlotte
was that the first season? I remember feeling the same way... but by now I can't even recall if there are 2 or 3 seasons of the series...

18 Feb 2020 00:50 #27854 by Valence
There are two seasons of Lost In Space (well, the new one anyway. There are many more episodes of the 60s version. :P)
I guess you watched them both in one go but I had a long wait between them. :)

18 Feb 2020 01:13 #27855 by Charlotte
hmm but wasn't it the first season that ended in... er... the way you mention in your spoiler... :S
second ended with/at/in Danger Will Robinson :P

18 Feb 2020 03:24 - 18 Feb 2020 03:25 #27856 by Valence
*yawn* Just spent faaaar too long trying (and failing!) to find plants in Fallout but just read this before bed and...

Hmmm. :hmm: I think we may be talking about different "final" episodes. Season one ended with, "Danger!"
Season Two ended with...
I think I'd better not say. Different countries might not have the rights to all the episodes yet. You might not have those ones yet.

PS. And don't click this if you're not sure...

Warning: Spoiler!

18 Feb 2020 09:24 #27857 by Charlotte
Of course I clicked. And I still wasn't sure. So I googled (Netflix isn't very informative, they just want me to rewatch season 1 episode 1) and sure enough. You're right. So was it end of season 1 they ended up at "Danger WR"? I still can't recall... :p But never mind.

18 Feb 2020 23:21 #27869 by Valence
I think that's why I don't like binge-watching new shows. All the episodes blur into one long show that doesn't always stay in my memory. :)

Anyway with that one gone I am now watching The Alienist.

18 Feb 2020 23:33 #27872 by Charlotte
Is it any good?

I seem to have forgotten to watch anything since I started playing Home Street... But I need to finish crocheting that baby blanket so I guess I should start using Netflix again!