March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

05 Feb 2020 02:39 #27728 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Blimey, we're all late up tonight, aren't we? *yawn* :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2020 02:42 #27729 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
not exactly. I'm kinda up early. I've been staying up too late the past few days so I thought I'd reverse it by going to bed early. Slept a few hours and now... I'm awake... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Feb 2020 02:51 #27730 by Valence
Well you already have a few hours head start on me so I'd better go try and catch up. :zzz:

PS. And I shall resist that next episode temptation. Two per week maximum. :)

05 Feb 2020 03:06 #27731 by Charlotte
:ohmy: not even 1/day? well, I guess you watch more series at once, than I do.... I hope... :dry:

05 Feb 2020 12:45 #27732 by Valence
I prefer to make them last a bit longer when I'm watching for the first time. I still regret having to binge The Expanse in 3 weeks.
And on Netflix I'm still just watching Witcher, Lost In Space and Hannibal (rewatch). I think I will quit (or at the very least pause) Hannibal after season 2 because I recall being unimpressed by the third season.
After that I'll have to start searching for stuff again. I'm sort of tempted to do a complete Star Trek rewatch. All that talk of Captain Picard and tea has set off my nerdy nostalia. :lol:

05 Feb 2020 12:50 #27733 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Hannibal pretty much jumps the shark at the end of season one. Everything that happens after that is nonsensical pantomime. It has individual things here and there that I liked after that, but overall it was a massive disappointment.

05 Feb 2020 13:25 #27734 by Charlotte
*googles Jump the Shark*

05 Feb 2020 13:31 - 05 Feb 2020 13:33 #27736 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
The phrase originates from the series Happy Days when the character Fonzie literally jumps a shark on water skis*. It is the point at which a series has finally run out of ideas and well over it's sell by date and is no longer the thing it used to be.

EDIT - * Fonz is on water skis, not the shark (not that it would have made any difference).

05 Feb 2020 13:37 #27738 by Charlotte
I find it hard to picture the Fonz outside that place they all gathered... then again it was ages since I watched that series (and even then I only ever saw part of it)

05 Feb 2020 14:36 #27746 by Valence
I've found that Hannibal is a much better watch the second time around. When I saw it for the first time I remember getting annoyed that it wasn't set in the 70s/80s and then getting more annoyed when they started re-using scenarios from the films and giving the familiar lines to different characters. But now that I've got past that I do feel I enjoy and appreciate it much more.
It's interesting that you call it pantomime, and I know what you mean by that, but I always thought that it was a lot like opera (without the singing, obviously. :P) It seemed to have the same kind of over-contrived, but still intelligent, interactions that pushed believability right to the limit while still being mostly entertaining and interesting.

However season three was a pretentious mess where they gave up any ambition to actually tell a story in a coherent way. :shrug: