March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

07 Nov 2019 20:36 #26691 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I got a bit tired of only watching the 100 so I watched Aquaman just now. Kinda fun, beautiful underwater environments but not over impressive cgi/sfx thingies...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2019 20:21 #26697 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Haven't seen Aquaman but it is on my watchlist ready for when I choose. He always seems to be one of those "unnecessary" superheros that no-one asked for. :)
Was there ever a kid who said, "My favourite superhero is... Aquaman??" :nope:

08 Nov 2019 20:38 #26699 by Charlotte
Little Arthur? :P
I can't get over how they pronounce Aqua - I probably think it should be said in an American accent...

08 Nov 2019 21:23 #26700 by Valence
How would they pronounce it if they were Swedish? ;)

08 Nov 2019 21:57 - 08 Nov 2019 21:58 #26701 by Charlotte
uhm... akvaman*? :P I was never good with phonetics... (And also I tend to pronounce English words in English even when speaking Swedish which not all Swedes do...)

*edit: say it with a reggae-accent, it'll sound pretty Swedish :D

08 Nov 2019 22:23 #26702 by Valence
:lol:

The show I usually watch on a Friday isn't on this week. :( (That's "The Name Of The Rose." Not as good as the film anyway) so I was just tempted to put on Aquaman and imagine some reggae accents. :) But I'll save that for another day.
Instead I'll try to cram in three episodes from my continuing Sopranos binge. :confident:

09 Nov 2019 13:02 #26704 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Arthurman!

10 Nov 2019 01:50 #26711 by Valence
Aquaman has now been watched. :stare:

In all the history of cinema there's nothing that can match the moments when the eloquent Dolph Lundgren has to explain the plot to me. :dry:

Sooo, it's basically underwater Thor with a weird Indiana Jones bit in the middle. And also there were bits that reminded me of Tron and then the Star Wars prequels (although it's nowhere near as bad as them.)
I really liked the floaty hair effect, I have seen it before in the last Pirates.. movie but it's still a nice touch. I was actually surprised at how "not bad" the CG effects/stunts were, I imagine it's tough to get a decent sense of mass when everyone's floating around but they did a pretty good job of that.
However, "Black Manta" is by far the goofiest looking character I've seen in a while. I'm obviously not familiar with the comics so when he first appeared I had to pause the film until I stopped laughing at it. :lol:

10 Nov 2019 09:29 #26712 by Charlotte
Personally I didn't think people's movements in water were too convincing... but yes the floaty hair worked :P
I can't even remember Dolph saying much... But I really liked the seahorses and those turtleships...

10 Nov 2019 20:11 #26713 by Charlotte
I'm now on the fourth season of the 100, and I'm getting seriously tired of one character managing to forge truce or alliance and another f*cking it all up at the very same time. If netflix has the fifth season, I'm starting to wonder if I'll bother seeing it...