April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

24 Apr 2015 11:00 - 24 Apr 2015 11:18 #10331 by Banj
The Trailer Park was created by Banj
a.k.a. geekgazm, a.k.a. get mah geek on, a.k.a. geekmageddon, and so on. Based on the popular off topic conversation being held in another thread entirely, this is somewhere to post film trailers, art, comics, books, and debate nonsense about geeky subjects like just how tedious was Star Trek: The Next Generation***

It's clobberin' time (unless you are unfortunate enough to watch the latest Fantastic Four trailer).

Any remotely spoiler worthy commentary must be inserted in spoiler tags (use the icon up there in the toolbar)!!!

Star Wars 7: The Force gets up again (er?)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (one of a bazillion trailers)...

Tomorrowland (hmm)...

Fantastic Four (allegedly)...

Jurassic World...

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of the dead justice (:facepalm:)

*** Answer: Lots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2015 11:50 - 24 Apr 2015 11:58 #10333 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I saw the Jurassic World trailer earlier thanks to kazky's comment. Looks cool - I think I'll enjoy it :)
And I intend to go see Age of Ultron tonight, actually :woohoo:

EDIT: And since the Sprout thread redirects comments about Jurassic Park here let me just add that I still think the scene where the deinonychus (?) is tapping it's claws impatiently on the floor while trying to find some humans to eat is one of the best movie scenes ever. Along with the one in Night at the Museum where the roman and the cowboy are puncturing car tyres... (I can't find the thing on youtube amazingly enough :blink: )

Also, I'm embarassed to admit I first thought there must be some sort of mistake or gag or something when the Star Wars trailer contained Indiana Jones :blush: Seems I forgot all about Han Solo.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Apr 2015 12:05 #10335 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

I still think the scene where the deinonychus (?) is tapping it's claws impatiently on the floor while trying to find some humans to eat is one of the best movie scenes ever.

They are supposed to be Velociraptors even though they are about 8ft tall in the film.

24 Apr 2015 12:14 - 24 Apr 2015 19:48 #10337 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Oh right. Forgot :P

EDIT: And now back from having seen Avengers, Age of Ultron. Loved it! :woohoo: And while it wasn't necessary it was nice to have seen Guardians of the Galaxy recently so that I got a couple of scenes that referred back to that movie.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Apr 2015 08:59 #10406 by Banj
I am Groot.

In other news... Mad Max: Fury Road... :blink:

29 Apr 2015 09:11 #10407 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
I'm looking forward to all of these coming out on DVD, I don't go to the cinema anymore, but i can't wait for Age of Ultron and Jurassic!!

29 Apr 2015 09:14 - 29 Apr 2015 09:15 #10408 by kazky
not sure if i've done the spoiler thing right. But yeah I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!! I don't even care that it's not sci-fi or anything

Warning: Spoiler!

29 Apr 2015 09:21 - 29 Apr 2015 09:22 #10409 by Banj
I can't be bothered much with the cinema any more either, so DVD it is for me too. But I'm not that interested in most of them any way even those that I should be excited about. My geek-mojo has been stolen :huh:

EDIT- Dammit, I want to click that expand button, but I'm scared to in case I see something I want to avoid. :cry:

29 Apr 2015 09:27 #10410 by kazky
you must click it banj, even the toughest person is mesmerised by that upcoming movie :D

my mojo has completely been jaded, i'm a horror (as in scary not gory) fanatic, and so far recently all horrors have offended me. They just don't seem to be able to make a good horror nowadays.

29 Apr 2015 09:36 #10411 by Banj
I clicked it, and I saw that trailer on television the other night.

You are not wrong about horror films.