April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Wittygraphy?

14 Mar 2015 16:20 #9579 by Valence
Wittygraphy? was created by Valence
Tried to have my usual browse on wittygraphy.com today only to be greeted with a GoDaddy message.
Is this the same for everyone?
Is it just temporary?
Or is it another example of my favourite websites going the way of the IFX forum, e-caricatures and the DrawingBoard, all flushed down the pan by facebook?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2015 17:32 #9583 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Wittygraphy?
I just got a GoDaddy message too. Although luckily I don't know what i'm missing :?

14 Mar 2015 18:14 - 14 Mar 2015 18:15 #9586 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Wittygraphy?
I seem to get the caricatures...
EDIT, just saw the following on their site:

Announcements
We had a disk failure last night and had to restore from our backups. Your most recent data and activities might have been lost. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you participate in caricature contests on Facebook (e.g. Caricaturama Showdown 3000, Bookface, Traditional Art Caricature Contest), link your Facebook account and photos posted in those Facebook groups will be automatically replicated into your Wittygraphy portfolio. It's a great shortcut to avoid re-uploading.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

14 Mar 2015 18:33 #9587 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Wittygraphy?
Yay! It's back! :cheer:

16 Mar 2015 21:32 #9620 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Wittygraphy?
Personally don't use, and never have used, facebook or any of the others mentioned. But the wife has been getting into the habit of accessing hers on my iMac. Hope I don't see any of the above, but will keep an eye out.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

16 Mar 2015 23:55 - 16 Mar 2015 23:56 #9623 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Wittygraphy?
No I don't use Facebook either which is why I get spooked when other sites disappear, as if Facebook will be the only one left standing. My browser has a graveyard of dead bookmarks for sites I used to frequent.

Thankfully it seems this was just a hardware glitch that took it out for a day so I shall continue to lurk over there.