March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

What software and hardware do you use?

03 Mar 2015 22:48 #9320 by Domtopia
I have been thinking...

What hard and soft ware does everyone use?

I have seen a beautiful graphics tablet called the Cintiq 27 QHD and now I am dreaming about buying two grand's worth of tech... if only! But it got me wondering what everyone is using these days.

I use a wacom bamboo and photoshop elements 9 mostly. What about you guys?

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2015 23:11 #9322 by kazky
I had a big birthday a year or so ago so I treated myself to the cintiq companion, it's amazing, and very well built as you'd exoect. I just wish I used it, i'm waiting to get my love of drawing back so I can fully appreciate it.
It is wasted on me really, but I saved up and bought it so I guess that's ok :D

03 Mar 2015 23:13 - 03 Mar 2015 23:15 #9323 by Digital Dave
Myself, I use mainly PS CS4, currently with an Intuos 4 wireless tablet. I purchased a Cintiq a while back, but before I got to spend much time with it, my son took it over since I was working a lot at the time. I also have an Intuos3 16x9 that my wife uses from time to time. ... I have looked at the new larger Cintiq's, but not sure if I would prefer it over a tablet now, since I'm so used to it. But it would be nice if I could practice on one to find out though. :)

Along with PS, I also have ArtRage 4 & Manga Studio Pro, but don't use them as much, mainly PS. But I do find that sketching ArtRage or Manga are fantastic and do prefer to use them for simple sketching.

Edit: We pretty much posted at the same time Kaz, so didn't see your post. ... I know I'm not the only one who would like to see some new works from ya. ;) ... Maybe just start out giving us some sketched teasers? :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

04 Mar 2015 01:42 - 04 Mar 2015 01:50 #9325 by Valence
12 year old PC with specs worse than a smartphone :lol: , 6x4 inch Wacom Bamboo and mostly ArtRage 3.5.
For portable finger poking stuff I have a 7 inch Galaxy Tab 2 and use Sketchbook Pro and Artrage again.

Edit: And here's another vote for Kaz to draw something!

04 Mar 2015 08:37 #9329 by kazky
you guys! :) I also vote for that, ha ha

04 Mar 2015 10:27 #9332 by Banj
I've moved this to it's own special discussion thread all of it's very own.

(wow, doing that on the old forum was a complete nightmare and would have taken me an hour of dicking around, here I can just click a couple of buttons)

04 Mar 2015 10:45 - 04 Mar 2015 10:46 #9334 by Charlotte
me too! *votes for kazky*

I'm using a Wacom (4 I think?) and ArtRage 4.something. Did download Kryta but haven't actually gotten around to using it. Sometimes miss using Photoshop even if I had a stone age version...

(I wonder if my post will end up in the right place now that Banj moved the whole topic elsewhere while I pressed the Reply button)
EDIT: looking at the time Banj moved the thread way before I posted. Guess I just didn't see the last post (must've been on a new page)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Mar 2015 10:49 #9335 by Banj
I use Painter 2015, ArtRage 4, Manga Studio EX 5, Photoshop CS 2, Sketchbook Pro 2011, Modo 801, ZBrush 4r7, Sculptris. I'm still using an Intuos 2 I've had since 2002. The computer is a self build and bits get upgraded every so often so I don't know how old it is (it's probably like Trigger's Broom).

04 Mar 2015 15:13 #9336 by Domtopia
Same brush after all these years!! haha!!

I bought a laptop from Argos about 2 years ago. It's not big and clever, but it works fine for me. I think I have the same little bamboo that Val has, but again it does me fine. The version of PSE that I have is easy enough to use, but is limited. I didn't appreciate that until I downloaded a demo of the full PS a year or so ago and saw that it had loads more features.The demo only lasted 30 days... It would be nice to have a bigger badder version of it, but I am content (for now!) with the version I have.

Now that I have seen that big cintiq thing however, I am pining away for a go with one. It looks awesome!

P.S. Thanks for moving the thread Banj.

P.P.S. Kaz, I think every artist looses their mojo from time to time. A period of incubation is healthy and even encouraged. However, it would be ace to see some of your work again!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

04 Mar 2015 19:24 #9343 by Valence
I know a lot of professionals are a bit snobbish towards PSE but I think it's fine. I used Elements 5 for a long, long time and the only thing I was ever envious about was the lack of a non-linear warp, much easier to control than liquify. And these days it's the only Photoshop that you can actually buy!