April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Offers-Deals-Discounts

26 Sep 2015 19:30 #12435 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Thanks, Joe. That makes sense. ... Personally, I've never tried to do a comic before, so have only used it for artwork myself. Looks like it might be fun to do one though.

Thanks again.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2015 12:38 #12454 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
There's a feature list comparison for all the various versions here Dave: my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-ex-5-compare.html

As Joe says it's primarily multi page document and batch file handling, but I think there are a few other small features missing from the non EX version.

28 Sep 2015 14:35 #12455 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Banj. I'll definitely check that link out. After I read Joe's post, I looked up the EX version on-line to see if they had screenshots so I could get a visual on it. And I do recall seeing some associated post, where some where saying pretty much the same as Joe. But then others did mention that though this was the main difference between the two, there were some enhancements with the EX that the standard didn't have, such as a better brush engine, etc. .. So I will definitely check into it some more.

Just an FYI, I did do some sketching in Manga Studio over the weekend and it did better, only freezing up one time.To which I simply used key strokes to save the process and restarted the computer. But I was only sketching, so no color or multiple layers in use. ... Still trying to figure out why this program still does this, when Photo Shop, ArtRage and now Paintstorm Studio doesn't? I can run these with multiple layers, coloring, etc, and can only recall a couple times over many years where it would crash, and think that was only PS with large projects.

Thanks agian

28 Sep 2015 16:33 #12456 by Banj

there were some enhancements with the EX that the standard didn't have, such as a better brush engine, etc. .. So I will definitely check into it some more.

There is a big difference between versions 4 and 5, but I'm pretty certain that the brush engine is identical between 5 and 5 EX. As far as I am aware they (5 and 5 EX) use the same install and the additional features of EX are just unlocked via the serial number, so the functions they share are exactly the same.

28 Sep 2015 19:52 #12457 by Digital Dave
Well that would certainly make sense, if it's just an unlock that differentiates the two. I just remember when I read those post, I was thinking maybe the standard MS5 was a slimmed down version of EX5. Something like PS elements is to PS. So it's definitely good to know.

26 Oct 2015 19:58 #12701 by Banj
$100 off Painter 2016 until 4th of November: www.elabs5.com/c.html?ufl=d&rtr=on&s=jaz..._UNIQUEID=d70c69ad40

20 Nov 2015 08:39 #12833 by Banj
Black Friday offers...

Corel 30% off stuff: www.corel.com/gb/special-offers/?hptrack=gb2hr1

The Foundry 40% off Modo, Mari, 20% off upgrades: www.thefoundry.co.uk/about-us/news-award...paign=black-friday15

Smith Micro 30% early adopter discount for the newly released Poser 11: my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11.html

27 Nov 2015 08:49 #12863 by Banj
Manga Studio 5 (Clip Studio Paint Pro) $15 until 30th of November: my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-5.html

Mischief 30% off until 30th of November using code: GOBBLE - at the checkout: www.madewithmischief.com/checkout

27 Nov 2015 09:03 - 27 Nov 2015 09:05 #12865 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Crazy price for MS5, even with all this Black Friday stuff. Maybe there's a new version on the horizon. I think I'll treat myself to Mischief.

16 Dec 2015 10:43 #13011 by Banj
It seems that Adobe Bridge is now completely free: prodesigntools.com/free-adobe-bridge-cc.html