March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Offers-Deals-Discounts

05 Oct 2020 12:23 #31341 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Another one from that site, Pixara Pixel Studio for pixel art: sharewareonsale.com/s/free-pixel-studio-100-discount

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2020 09:42 #31373 by Banj
The previously mentioned Corel bundle on humble bundle has been expanded to add several additional brush packs in the top tier (if you already bought it they are in your account for download)
  • Chaos
  • Blend
  • Lightning Strikes
  • Dust and Debris
  • Flame
  • Hair
  • Clouds
  • Fluid
  • Chunky Paint
  • Sand and Soil

(Not sure about the sand and soil pack, it's course and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere :unsure:)

www.humblebundle.com/software/be-a-creative-superhero

02 Nov 2020 19:09 #31963 by Banj
Animation and comics creation books bundle on Humble: www.humblebundle.com/books/mastering-ani...ncrcpress_bookbundle

05 Nov 2020 09:42 #32023 by Banj
40% off Artrage during November: www.artrage.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto, Valence

17 Nov 2020 18:32 #32270 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Just about to upgrade my pc so that’s extremely timely!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

17 Nov 2020 18:38 #32271 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Actually while I’m here has anyone used the video capture in artrage 6? I may finally have a pc powerful enough to paint and record at the same time and was wondering how easy/how good it is.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

17 Nov 2020 19:36 - 17 Nov 2020 19:48 #32273 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
There's a video capture? :dumb:

I can only find info on script recording:
www.artrage.com/manuals/scripts/script-files/

Seems it can be practical at times, maybe, but it also seems it can only be viewed in ArtRage, so not an actual exported video.... (though you can share the file with other ArtRage owners...) :S

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

17 Nov 2020 20:03 - 17 Nov 2020 22:43 #32274 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
I have version 5 and there's no built in video recording in that.

But I do use the script feature during the recording process. It effectively saves all of your brush strokes to a file and then allows you to play them back to automatically paint the picture again before your eyes, so all my ArtRage videos are recordings of the script playback after I've finished painting. Doing it that way cuts down on the editing process and the end result looks a bit cleaner.
For the recording process I still use that little Cafe Recorder program and still get slightly annoyed that it saves as an awkward mpg rather than an mp4, which requires me to convert it using VLC.

And you can use it in a normal non-ArtRage way too cos I recorded my last two Rebelle pictures with it and it doesn't require a powerful PC.
Mine's an old refurbished office machine with no graphics card. :dry:
(EDIT: Although you do probably paint at a higher resolution than me for your prints. :shrug:)

17 Nov 2020 20:41 #32277 by Banj
Yeah the stroke recording thing has always been in Artrage, there's a similar thing in Corel Painter too but I haven't used that one either. I believe the Android and IOS versions can also do the same.

17 Nov 2020 20:47 #32278 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
The Painter one didn't work very well for me. Then again not a lot of things in Painter work well for me. :lol:

One slightly annoying thing about the ArtRage one is that it doesn't take account of how the tools are slightly different across the different versions and platforms. The scripts I have from 3.5 don't produce the same result in 5 because of the change in the Oil Brush.
I still prefer the 3.5 Oil Brush but I obviously never use it now due to my need for the custom brushes that came along after. :dry: