April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Offers-Deals-Discounts

11 Sep 2015 11:03 #12286 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Poser Pro 2014 60% off until the 14th of September: www.elabs5.com/c.html?ufl=d&rtr=on&s=jaz..._UNIQUEID=d70c69ad40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Sep 2015 10:27 #12312 by Banj
TwistedBrush Pro Studio free for today: www.bitsdujour.com/software/twistedbrush...5-09-15+Mac+%26+PC+B

15 Sep 2015 19:31 #12317 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
I actually peeked at this program this morning, before heading out for field meetings. But when I returned later I see it's only PC based at the moment. ... But it did remind me to check in on Paintstorm, which I see now offers a Mac version. Plan on purchasing it tonight, since I've been wanting to check it out.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Sep 2015 21:11 #12322 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
I got TwistedBrush the last time it was free and although the interface is horrible the brush engine is very impressive with lots of imaginitive options that you don't get in other software.

16 Sep 2015 13:26 #12331 by Banj

I got TwistedBrush the last time it was free and although the interface is horrible the brush engine is very impressive with lots of imaginitive options that you don't get in other software.

If you got it via the offer I posted at the beginning of the thread then this one was a more recent version (19 as opposed to 18 previously), not that I know the differences between the two versions.

16 Sep 2015 15:09 #12336 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Yes, that's exactly where I got it from so many thanks for this thread. :)
I'll have a look at the latest version and see if it's worth the upgrade.

23 Sep 2015 10:07 #12400 by Banj
Starting Monday 28th September The Foundry is having a 48hr 40% discount on Modo and related plugins and training videos, with a 20% discount on upgrades.

www.thefoundry.co.uk/about-us/news-awards/modo-september-promo/

25 Sep 2015 10:09 #12417 by Banj
Smith Micro Manga Studio and Clip Studio Paint to EX versions upgrade discounts (until 29th of September): my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-ex-5-upgr...=d70c69ad40#Upgrades

Meanwhile Celsys (developers of Manga Studio / Clip Studio) have a 70% off Clip Studio Paint sale running until 29th of September: www.clipstudio.net/en/

25 Sep 2015 21:38 #12425 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
I got an e-mail for this same sale yesterday or day before, but didn't get the chance to post it. ... I actually picked up Manga Studio 5 a while back, when I came across it on Amazon for I think around $15. So it's not a bad deal.

I was never sure what the different was between Manga Studio 5 and Manga Studio EX5 though, or what else extra you get with the EX5. But If anyone knows what the differences are, I would appreciate the info. ... I didn't even know about the EX version until after purchasing mine. But if it's something worth while, be nice to know while it's on sale. :) ...Thanks

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

26 Sep 2015 06:53 #12433 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
The only difference is that EX allows you to work in pages/projects rather than single documents. If you do actually create multi-page comics then that would be essential, otherwise they are identical as far as I'm aware.
If you only use it as a painting program then there's no need to upgrade.