March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Offers-Deals-Discounts

21 Jul 2020 17:24 #30256 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Like London buses. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2020 18:21 #30257 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
London buses use schampoo? :?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Jul 2020 19:53 #30263 by Valence
No but two of them often appear together. :confident:

Like Raptors in Ark. :lol:

I've always thought that "Ashampoo" was a really odd name for a software company. I'm sure there's a reason/meaning behind it but I don't know what it is. :shrug:

22 Jul 2020 22:39 - 22 Jul 2020 22:40 #30280 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
Yeah, well apparently I just chatted with someone from their site and it turns out that it's for Windows only. Said they do have a version for Mac, but it's $39.99. www.acdsee.com/en/products/photo-studio-mac/ ... I don't mind paying for a product, but figured since it was free, I could try it out for a while to see if I like it enough to actually use it. But besides one named 'Jing' I've never had any screen capturing software before. Thought it might be nice to have on hand.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

23 Jul 2020 11:03 #30285 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
You could try OBS Studio: obsproject.com It's free and has a Mac version. It doesn't have any kind of editing functionality as it is designed for recording or live streaming video, so you would also need a separate video editor to edit any recording. It's also a bit more involved to set up.

There's Monosnap: monosnap.com/download/mac which has a free version but probably isn't any different or any better than Jing.

There is also VLC media player: www.videolan.org which can apparently record video and still from the desktop if you can work out how to do it (and Valence will be pleased to know you can set the recording framerate), it's one of those wonderful features that they have completely hidden away so you never know it's there. It doesn't capture cursors or audio though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

23 Jul 2020 11:09 #30286 by Banj
I tried ACDSee last night on my old computer and the installation process was fine, they just want your name and an email address to register which is no different than most other software. The program seemed to work fine, but I only tried to do a simple edit on a video clip. It's editing is pretty basic but does what it needs to I guess. The export worked (it was incredibly slow rendering out the video but that could just be that computer).

23 Jul 2020 14:15 #30294 by Valence
I already have VLC and use it for a lot of things: video conversion, changing resolution and even downloading from YouTube. It's amazing how many things are hidden away in it and I didn't know about that screen capture function. Will check it out.
But the framerate thing is sometimes a bit misleading. Lots of software has low framerate recording but the resulting video plays back at the same low rate so you still need more external editing to speed it up again. Maybe VLC does it different. I'll find out later. :)

I couldn't get ACDSee to export at all. It just kept saying, "Production Failed" and a bit of research suggests it's another Intel HD problem. Which is a shame cos it is easy to use in that basic way.

05 Aug 2020 18:48 #30520 by Banj
Create Comics and Manga bundle from humble bundle: www.humblebundle.com/books/create-comics...ngaquarto_bookbundle

Loads of books (digital) on drawing figures, perspective, comics, stuff.

05 Aug 2020 18:51 #30521 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
ooooh stuff :cheer:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Aug 2020 12:55 #30682 by Banj
Another screen recorder thingy (Windows only I believe): sharewareonsale.com/s/zd-soft-screen-rec...giveaway-coupon-sale