April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

'Free' trials and other annoyances

17 Dec 2014 15:18 - 17 Dec 2014 15:32 #7740 by kazky
just a moan, but has anyone received Wacom's free 10 day trial to Lynda.com where you have to input your billing details to access the 'free'

why do they do that? I would never input my card details on a free trial.

it gets me so mad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2014 19:35 #7742 by Valence
Indeed.
Not only that they usually make it easy to sign up and then very difficult to cancel once the trial period is over.
Also annoying is when you try free software, finish your trial, uninstall and find your PC still has loads of their little programs running to stop you trying another free trial. I understand why they do it but once I've decided I don't want their software I want it all off my hard drive!

18 Dec 2014 10:03 #7746 by Banj

it gets me so mad.

Why I oughta... :shakefist:

18 Dec 2014 10:07 #7747 by Joe
I agree. Lynda.com is fantastic but that is out of order. It's almost as bad as some electrical shops who advertise discounts only to find you have to pay the whole amount and then claim the discount back from their website after you go home.

Cynical and nasty.

18 Dec 2014 10:33 #7750 by kazky
yep, that's the £20 discount, claim your discount after you've purchased and when you've burned in hell.

its like clickbait, that gets me mad too.

insert banj's why I oughta

18 Dec 2014 10:42 #7752 by Banj
This really ought to be a general pet peeves thread. I could probably fill it up on my own with my ever increasing list of annoyances.