April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

It was good while it lasted

05 Dec 2014 19:09 #7507 by Joe
I've cancelled my ImagineFX subscription. Does it show? I'm scared now.

Nothing malicious, it's just that I wasn't reading them anymore so I'll use my £45 for something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2014 19:27 #7509 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic It was good while it lasted
Still read mine although the videos were pretty ordinary this month. And Pepper on the cover makes me yawn. On the plus side there was a feature inside on Alex Ross, something that I've wanted to see for ages.

05 Dec 2014 22:44 #7510 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic It was good while it lasted
Lol, I nearly did last month, it was due to renew & I unticked 'automatically renew.........until 2 days before it was going to end, then I ticked it again.

Phew that was close!!! I think I'll definitely untick it next time though....definitely....

06 Dec 2014 05:34 #7514 by Digital Dave
I did the same, Joe. Meaning, I un-ticked the auto-renew, and only have 2 more issues left before the sub runs out. ... I actually just opened Zinio Reader for the first time in a while. Actually had 4 issues that I hadn't even downloaded. Shows how much I've been active with them as well.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Dec 2014 04:49 #7530 by octoberstormxx
I've cancelled my subscription as well. Or rather, I'm just not renewing it. It was a gift from a family member anyway. So... I will just put that money towards college instead. Sad, but I see no reason to continue buying it.

07 Dec 2014 10:14 - 07 Dec 2014 10:14 #7534 by Charlotte
My subscription doesn't run out until summer but they've sent several "renew early" emails already, and I've ignored them so far because I haven't entirely made up my mind. I do suspect I'll keep the subscription going though. Maybe. :S

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Dec 2014 13:10 #7536 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic It was good while it lasted
I'm not sure how many editions there have been so far but there's more than enough to allow me to dip into them now and again without becoming bored. Now... with all this digital mullarkey, I suggest that long term subscribers could be offered loyalty discounts every few years to stop us from wandering away. If I was paying £20 per year or less I would probably just carry on.

07 Dec 2014 17:09 #7543 by Domtopia
I have found that the backlog that I had accumulated over the course of my subscriptions has seen a nice little reservoir of hints, tips and encouragement build up over the years.

So, like many others, I have simply let me subscription run out. They contacted me just once to ask why I had stopped subscribing, but that was it.

As Joe said, it was nice whilst it lasted.

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

08 Dec 2014 20:09 #7592 by Digital Dave
I'm of like thinking, Joe. I have 3 years subscription in hardback with disc, and 4 years of digital issues. More then enough to dip back into, not to mention, there's some I haven't even read yet.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

10 Dec 2014 01:03 #7614 by octoberstormxx

I'm of like thinking, Joe. I have 3 years subscription in hardback with disc, and 4 years of digital issues. More then enough to dip back into, not to mention, there's some I haven't even read yet.

I haven't read a single one since the issue where the feedback from the artists briefly mentioned the closing of the forums. I was so upset about the magazine at that point I haven't opened one up yet since. They're all just sitting on my desk. Unread.