April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Professional Artist Client Toolkit (PACT)

21 Aug 2014 17:31 #5476 by hansnomad
This didn't fit into any of the categories on CGAN as it pertains to legal information when dealing with clients as opposed to art advice, but I thought some of you who occasionally get paid commissions may find the information on this site interesting (if you did not know about it already). There is free access and paid access, but the info available for free is more than adequate for anyone starting out. Just click on the links at the top of the page to access info (you do not have to sign up or register to access the free stuff).

PACT: www.artpact.com/Pricing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smolin, AngieA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2014 19:37 #5627 by Smolin
I signed up for paid access before they launched, and it is worth every penny.
Perhaps because it's subscriber-only, illustrators on PACT feel free to state exactly what they got paid by different companies, what the usage terms were, how quickly they got paid, etc. And that information is not readily available anywhere else AFAIK -- lord knows I've looked. It's really a game-changing site.
Plus you're getting the info directly from some big name illustrators, which lends credibility to the entire endeavor.

27 Aug 2014 12:55 #5640 by hansnomad
Good to hear from someone who's actually used the service. I remember when they were putting the whole thing together there was a lot of discussion about the lack of reliable information and resources for working artists. Seems like they have filled that niche. As I said in my post--even the free section is incredibly informative.