April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Art Call

21 Aug 2014 22:37 - 21 Aug 2014 22:37 #5487 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Art Call
Sounds like a pretty open theme, great thread Hans, I know LevelUp ( www.fusroda.com/) was having a contest a month ago to win a pretty cool tablet. They might have more in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2014 00:00 - 29 Aug 2014 00:07 #5670 by hansnomad
Replied by hansnomad on topic Art Call
Don't know if anyone here is into abstract art, but if this is something in scope of your talents, there's an ongoing juried contest here for an online exhibition: www.lightspacetime.com/current-juried-art-competition/

Competition Timeline:
Art Competition Opens: August 10, 2014
Deadline for Receiving Entries: September 26, 2014
Results Emailed to Artists & Posted: October 1, 2014
Opening of Online Art Exhibition: October 1, 2014
Award Certificates Emailed to Artists: October 8, 2014

One downside is that the competition uses a service called "Submittable" to handle the art uploads so you'll probably be asked to create an account, etc. Not a great detractor, but I hate having to join services in order to enter contests. There is an entry fee, $12.00 for two (2) entries or $20.00 three or more, up to five (5) entries. (another thing that bugs me).

06 Sep 2014 14:05 #5963 by ClaudeCrow
Replied by ClaudeCrow on topic Art Call
If any of you guys are into a bit of design and are fans of the Assassin's Creed series then this competition is worth a look.

Design By Humans are holding a competition in partnership with Ubisoft to design a T-Shirt for their latest game Assassin's Creed: Unity.

Deadline: September 19, 2014 at 11:59PM PST
Online Voting Ends: October 3, 2014 at 11:59PM PST
Prizes:
1st Place - $3,500
2nd Place - $3,000
3rd Place - $2,500
4th Place - $2,000
5th Place - $1,500
1st through 5th Place will also receive copies of Assassin's Creed Unity & Assassin's Creed Rogue + Season Pass & Additional Content

6th through 20th Place
Opportunity to sell artwork
to Design By Humans

There's no entry fee, you just need to register an account with Design By Humans and you can have up to 3 entries I believe.
For full details go to: www.designbyhumans.com/contest/assassins-creed-unity/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte, hansnomad

12 Sep 2014 02:35 - 12 Sep 2014 12:55 #6157 by hansnomad
Replied by hansnomad on topic Art Call
Infected by Art Volume 3 Submission Period Open
imaginative realism artworks, i.e. science fiction, fantasy, horror, etc. They offer cash prizes, certificates of merit, as well as publication in an upcoming Compilation art book - Infected by Art Volume 3. Jurors for Infected by Art Volume 3 include Greg Hildebrandt, Donato Giancola and Rebecca Guay as well as art/creative director Jon Schindehette.

IBA3 Timeline:
Submission Period: September 1, 2014 through December 1, 2014
Jury Voting: December 4, 2014 through December 24, 2014
Public Voting: December 4, 2014 through December 10, 2014
Artists are allowed to submit up to 10 works of art. Each entry costs $10, with the 5th and 10th being free of charge.

Link: www.infectedbyart.com/contestdetails.asp?cid=21

Although I prefer no entry fee, the high profile and quality of the jurors on this one as well as the open subject matter and possibility of publication makes this an attractive competition well worth the money. I think I'll be jumping on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mindbender

22 Oct 2014 07:37 #6774 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Art Call
Spectrum 22 Submissions

spectrumfantasticart.com/entryinfo.php

There's an entry fee but I figured it might still be of interest. Also note that all the "headings" and "questions" are clickable even though they don't seem to be links. Took me a while to realise the page wasn't just unfinished :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Feb 2015 18:37 #8857 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Art Call
Long time no posts in this thread... but I visited James Gurney's blog again and he is currently hosting an Interactive Sketchbook contest - if you're not joining in I think you might still enjoy viewing the inspirational images and at the end of the contest I hope we'll get to see the entries, too! Contest deadline is March 15th (2015).

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Feb 2015 21:03 #8859 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Art Call
Thanks Charlotte. It looks like a really good idea and a great little piece of fun!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

11 Aug 2016 12:04 #14350 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Art Call
Ballistic publishing's Exposé 12 call for entries: ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose/exp...orentries/index.html