April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Corel Painter 2015

13 Aug 2014 14:22 - 13 Aug 2014 14:23 #5161 by Banj
Corel Painter 2015 was created by Banj
So the new version of Painter is out: www.painterartist.com/gb/product/paint-program/?hptrack=gbhr1

Has anyone got it yet? Is it any good? I'm considering upgrading from 10 seeing as they appear to have reverted to their old upgrade policy and you can now upgrade from version 7 up* (they did limit it to the 2 previous versions somewhere around Painter 11).

There is a review in the latest IFX, but they appear to be far more interested in talking about Adobe's subscription model and whether Corel should adopt it rather than in Painter itself ( and NO they shouldn't is my answer).

* No, I don't mean the drink.
The following user(s) said Thank You: evilrobot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2014 00:42 #5224 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Corel Painter 2015
Yes, I've been able to test it out for a little while. I'd certainly consider upgrading from 10. There have been a lot of additions since then and 2015 has some very nice new particle brushes (a particularly good fur brush) that can be modified to produce some quite wonderful strokes and "effects". It's 64bit too and performance and stability are both enhanced.

15 Aug 2014 10:08 #5235 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Corel Painter 2015
Thanks Joe.

29 Aug 2014 18:38 #5687 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Corel Painter 2015
It's nearly a decade since new software worked on my PC so I can't say anything about that but I have noticed that they've releases an Android app called Corel Painter Mobile. Not the same kind of functionality as the bigger brother but worth a bit of a shout out while we impatiently wait for Artrage. Having tried it I see it's a bit like Infinite Painter ... except it works!

16 Sep 2014 01:08 #6199 by March_Madman
Replied by March_Madman on topic Corel Painter 2015
I'm curious about the new particle brushes and I wonder how do they compare to Flame Painter.

16 Sep 2014 09:16 #6202 by Banj

I'm curious about the new particle brushes and I wonder how do they compare to Flame Painter.

I haven't used Flame Painter so I can't compare them, but I am liking the particle brushes a lot. I need to investigate the customisation options and see what they can do.

It's nearly a decade since new software worked on my PC so I can't say anything about that but I have noticed that they've releases an Android app called Corel Painter Mobile. Not the same kind of functionality as the bigger brother but worth a bit of a shout out while we impatiently wait for Artrage. Having tried it I see it's a bit like Infinite Painter ... except it works!

I recently got myself a new tablet and thought I'd try it out on your recommendation. I like it, but it is currently missing a lot, like layer options (I'm able to create layers, but I can't do much with them afterwards, can't even re-order them), and I can't seem to import images into it. So far I find Infinite Painter and Sketchbook much more complete and useful, but it's definitely one I am going to keep around and look forward to seeing it evolve. Artrage would be nice though :)

16 Sep 2014 09:35 #6203 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Corel Painter 2015
what does a particle brush look like then?

16 Sep 2014 09:38 #6204 by Banj

16 Sep 2014 11:15 #6206 by kazky
oh that's just too pretty!!!

17 Sep 2014 10:49 #6233 by kazky
banj have you bought Painter 2015 or is it a trial? I subscribe to Adobe CC purely because I work in education and I got it for £15 per month, it's now gone up to £23 which is still cheap, however I've not drawn for ages, it seems pointless to keep paying.

i'm not sure whether to continue or to just revert back to an old photoshop. Undecided.