April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

(Music) Just wondering?

15 Jul 2014 15:45 #3005 by Mercurycat
Replied by Mercurycat on topic Just wondering?
Yes, I quite often listen to music when I am drawing (though sometimes I realise an hour later I'm just wearing empty headphones!). My music collection/tastes aren't that varied, I listen to the same stuff quite often.

If I am alone in the house I usually stick on some of my favourite tunes and sing away while I paint. Whether these things influence me I don't know, I just enjoy it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2014 15:55 #3006 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Just wondering?
Very cool hearing everyone's responses. ... Love the avatar, Mercurycat. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Jul 2014 20:48 #3023 by Stuart
Replied by Stuart on topic Just wondering?

If I am alone in the house I usually stick on some of my favourite tunes and sing away while I paint. Whether these things influence me I don't know, I just enjoy it.

I never sing and paint, just listen and use it to zone out. Dark Side of the Moon is a favourite, my best album of all time.

17 Jul 2014 13:45 #3225 by hobbyhorse
Replied by hobbyhorse on topic Just wondering?
When I carve I always listen to music, with my favorites being Soundtracks. Everything from Star Wars, to more recent films like Avatar. When I sit down to the computer to paint I never think of listening to anything, maybe because I don't always know how long I will be at it. I should probably try it, perhaps I would stay with it for longer.

17 Jul 2014 13:59 #3228 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Just wondering?
I, like many others, listen to a broad variety of music when painting. But, I am not really listening to it, if I am honest. It's just better to have something in the background than nothing.

If I listen to classical pieces (like soundtracks) I get lost in the music too much. It therefore becomes a distraction. So, often I listen to some ambient rock like Alter Bridge or Avenged Seven Fold, that sort of thing. Something that won't take my attention too often

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!