March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Geir's finished doodles and organisisms.

19 Apr 2017 22:59 #15886 by Geir
I thought I'd start a finished collection here aswell. So here goes.

This is the first more proper drawing I did after taking it up again last year. Its graphite and poycolor pencil on paper. About A5 in size.

This was a purly improvised drawing where I just let the pencil run freely first. Then I found some lines I liked, and it startet to circle in to a more "decided" drawing. That is, I still had now idea what it would become. It wasnt until way into the drawing, I decided to make som sort of scales/boney structures, and all at the end I saw it could actually be some kind of dragon dance. Thats why I called it "Dragons". Graphite on paper about A5.

"Wormface". After a while I found it was time to only use polycolor pencils and really test out the medium. I am not much used to these kinds of pencils in all my earlier years as an artist, so it was an exiting test. I think it turned out pretty well. And I got to know the polycolor pencils a lot.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2017 23:05 #15887 by Geir
"Levitas. I wanted a kind of sci-fi feeling for this one. Ad I wanted to reuse some of the shapes from the cover of my first album. This is graphite and polycolor pencils.

For reference, here is the cover. Its for my first album, "Hypersleep", which is a real sci-fi album. Its the story about traveling in space in hypersleep, the first nrevous testing of gear, the sleep, encounter with alien lifeforms and its aftermath. For those that wish to hear it, its on spotify, tidal, itunes and a couple of other places. Seach Untermensch Hypersleep.

Attachments:

19 Apr 2017 23:05 #15888 by Geir
Oh btw, the cover is made in Sketchup and Photoshop.

19 Apr 2017 23:08 #15889 by Geir
Heres the improvised drawing I have in the WIP section. "Beneath outside". Charcoal, charcoal pencil and tinted charcoal pencils on paper. About A5.

Attachments:

19 Apr 2017 23:09 #15890 by Geir
And my "Prophet II", praphite and polycolor pencil on paper. again, about A5 ;)

Attachments: