April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Drawing on a 3DS

11 Sep 2014 22:13 #6153 by sapirlapid
Drawing on a 3DS was created by sapirlapid
Hey everyone!

I'm so happy ImagineFX community is still alive! B)

I started learning with Art Academy on the 3DS console and it's pretty nice :P
I think it's better than regular tutorials because it forces me to draw along the lesson to continue.
So these are the things I made so far (In chronologic order):

I didn't get the blending as I hoped.. and there is one more drawing of a tree but I think these are enough for now! :)
Any tips/comments/suggestions?
i think I will really get better with that software!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2014 21:48 #6179 by Kodabble
Replied by Kodabble on topic Drawing on a 3DS
Welcome to the Art Nexus sapirlapid, glad you found us.
I'm no art expert and don't know how the 3DS console does art. :blink: Is there a special software for it?
Anyway from your first four posts I see what appears to be improvement. The cherry appears to have been done using a form of extrude function with a chiseled/sharp edge when a smooth/round edge might have given a more realistic round affect. I like the mushrooms they have a sketch on paper look and the cantaloupe has a painted look (don't know if that is what you are going for but it appears to work). I'd say you are doing good and if it is working for you keep it going.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sapirlapid

15 Sep 2014 15:03 #6187 by sapirlapid
Replied by sapirlapid on topic Drawing on a 3DS

Welcome to the Art Nexus sapirlapid, glad you found us.
I'm no art expert and don't know how the 3DS console does art. :blink: Is there a special software for it?
Anyway from your first four posts I see what appears to be improvement. The cherry appears to have been done using a form of extrude function with a chiseled/sharp edge when a smooth/round edge might have given a more realistic round affect. I like the mushrooms they have a sketch on paper look and the cantaloupe has a painted look (don't know if that is what you are going for but it appears to work). I'd say you are doing good and if it is working for you keep it going.

Thank you for the comment!
I started to think I wouldn't get any comments so I really appreciate it :)

I used an educational game called Art Academy. It offers lessons and a platform to draw/paint. it has pencils, brushes, color mix and more.
In every lessons he teaches me something, shows me how he does it and then let me do it myself... step by step until I get the finished work. (There are also mini-lessons where he teaches the whole flow at the beginning and lets me draw/paint on my own without interruptions)

What did you mean about the cherry and an exclude function? It's all painted brushstroke after brushstroke according to the lesson.

15 Sep 2014 18:36 #6194 by Kodabble
Replied by Kodabble on topic Drawing on a 3DS
That's really cool. I had no idea a game console could do that. It seems to be a good educational tool for you so I'd say keep going and of course - practice, practice, practice (something I also need to do :S )