March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Charlotte's Finished

22 Jul 2014 12:07 - 22 Jul 2014 14:13 #3810 by Charlotte
Thought I'd put up a thread for finished pieces in this nice new forum, though I warn you it'll probably not be updated very often!

Starting off with the Giger tribute "His Muse"

EDIT: the image quality leaves some things to be desired, but in the gallery, by clicking the image, it will look somewhat better... gallery image link

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2014 20:40 - 24 Aug 2014 20:41 #5562 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Charlotte's Finished
Decided it's time to call this one done, if nothing else because I'm sick of working on it... Hopefully I've adressed most of the serious issues (still not crazy about many things but I just can't manage any better...)

So here's the Zodiac sign Aries as the greek god Ares in gladiator gear (and yes I know the scabbard is too small for the sword but gah it just wouldn't be reshaped...)

EDIT (as usual) - again the image quality is terrible... Gotta see what I can do about that...

25 Aug 2014 21:01 #5597 by ArtbyAlReid
Replied by ArtbyAlReid on topic Charlotte's Finished
The perspective of the shield and scabbard is impressive. Sits well on the floor.

His foot seems very awkward and posey. Good stuff though and I think you are right to move on to the next thing. Sometimes these images can wear you down after a time.

25 Aug 2014 21:05 #5598 by ArtbyAlReid
Replied by ArtbyAlReid on topic Charlotte's Finished
I think the Giger tribute is ace. I do wonder though if it would be better without the center figure. She seems a little out of place. The three tanks + the amazingly well done figures sitting might be more interesting. I do love those sitting figures and the subtle aliens in the tanks. Well done Charlotte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

26 Aug 2014 07:21 #5608 by Charlotte
Thanks Al :)
Yes his foot is a bit "girly" lol but I'd have to change his entire leg if I changed the foot so I left it like that. Regarding the scabbard I was happy with how it turned out though it bothers me a bit that it's probably a bit long (if you take perspective into account) and too slim for the sword but I tried adjusting the shape and it just ended up looking twisted, so... Like you said I felt it was better to move on :)

As for the Giger image I can't remove the figure the whole piece is named after :ohmy: lol Honestly, I did actually consider it but I felt it lacked something without her. And I rather like her :P

26 Aug 2014 11:17 #5617 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Charlotte's Finished
:? - Now I know I posted a reply to this the other day? Don't know what happened to it, unless I was using 'quick reply' and didn't hit the submit button? (Which I know I've done before) But I too mentioned the sword and shield, and how well they came out. I think the subtle highlights you placed on it really sets it out. ... The only crit I might add is the back portion of the helm. I just think seeing the back rim of it some would help give it a better feel. It almost seems like a mask of sorts right now, but seeing the back through the slits would give it a solid 3D feel, if that make any sense. But it still looks great. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

26 Aug 2014 12:02 #5619 by Charlotte
Thanks Dave. I see the image looks much darker now than it does on my home computer. Will have to do something about that I suppose (that is, I should probably darken my home computer screen a bit so I don't keep making things too dark). There is a back rim on the helmet but I agree it's hard to see in the murk. Maybe it should have had a hard highlight as well to show a bit better :)

27 Aug 2014 11:37 #5637 by Digital Dave
Yeah, I hate that about images being darker elsewhere. My work computer is really bad about this and I have it set the best I could get it, and hate to even post a reply until I've looked at an image from home. Don't always see it as it should be. I can never tell if my iMac is just set too high in brightness, or if it's just the screen rez on the computers I'm looking at it on?

28 Feb 2015 13:10 - 28 Feb 2015 20:50 #9179 by Charlotte
Posted this in the Good Bye Mr Spock thread, but as usual immediately decided I wasn't happy and tried to fix some things.

So here it is again

EDIT: Moved to finished section since it's not a wip :P It has its perks being an admin.... :whistle:

Attachments:

02 Mar 2015 14:11 #9262 by Digital Dave
Very nice, Charlotte. :)