April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

LRaphaelC's first steps into the online art world

23 Jul 2014 03:38 #3889 by Smolin
You've got a very unusual style -- and I mean that in a good way.
The flowing forms and color palette in the first piece are really spectacular. The figure does indeed get lost -- not necessarily bad, but when I first saw the picture I thought there was small a figure at the apex of the central thrust, with flowing blonde hair, shooting up into the sky and trailing a green robe/water.
Your pen & ink works are really cool and interesting, Velequize and Xebec much more so than the sort of traditional Syn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LRaphaelC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2014 16:43 #4163 by LRaphaelC
Meant to put up some work yesterday, but was migrating laptops and photoshop decided to go and corrupt itself so spent the last day trying to sort that out (it wouldn't even uninstall :( ).

But oh well i finished this piece off on another computer, its another picture of my character xebec, this time a full photoshop endeavour rather than starting traditionally.

Thanks Smolin, funny I hadn't even thought of the image like that. I also prefer the messier ink look of Velequize and Xebec, I think I'll do some others like them in the future.

Evilrobot, I was going for a kind of Jae Lee look, I'd just finished his run on Batman/Superman and thought his work was so well done that I'd try something in the same approach.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.