April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAddict's Portfolio - Updated January 18th

17 Jul 2014 15:21 #3269 by cgmythology
Banj: Yeah, I got that message when I used the Photobucket links so I used attachments instead.

Charlotte Ahlgren: Thank you!

Atto: Thanks, I used several references for Sonya, including Scarlett Johansson.

Domtopia: Thank you, that was easily one of the most time consuming images I've painted. The 'Special Ops' image was painted for a Board Game cover illustration.

evilrobot: Appreciate it :)

kazky: lol, thanks :)

Stuart: Appreciate it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jul 2014 16:58 #3293 by Smolin
Really excellent portfolio.
Apollo isn't as strong as the others -- the drapery looks stiff and the gold doesn't shine.
The Warcraft picture has two minor details that bug me: the tattoos are too sharp & crisp and look a bit pasted on; and her hair & forehead jewel are not casting shadows on her face. But other than that it's a great picture.
The rest is really professional stuff. Liu Kang's hands are excellent! And your self-portrait is really smokin', particularly the bounce light you got in the shadows of the face & neck.

30 Jul 2014 16:38 #4579 by cgmythology
Smolin: Thank you. As for Apollo, it's a bit too late to update the drapery, but I do agree that the gold could be more convincing.... Perhaps I'll revisit that image again when I get the chance. Thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated.

I updated this thread with my latest piece, Aphrodite. A huge thank you to this forum for everyone that helped me in my Sketchbook/WIP thread, I wouldn't be able to achieve this sort of quality without the input I received, so I'm very grateful. In return I'm planning on writing up a lenghty skin painting tutorial... Not sure which image to base it on, but we'll see. Here's the image:

File Attachment:

08 Dec 2014 15:46 #7585 by cgmythology
Finished up the 'alien' piece:

File Attachment:

13 Dec 2014 03:09 #7665 by crankshaft
Awesome! Loving the shiny look on his eyes!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

18 Jan 2015 17:27 #8205 by cgmythology
crankshaft: Thanks, the eyes were by far the most fun element to paint.

Here are two of my latest pieces, hope you enjoy:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

19 Jan 2015 15:23 #8210 by Banj
You have several bad tangents in the Dragon image. The tip of the top frill on the head with the foreground wing, the lower frill and the edge of the background wing, and the rock with the back of the characters neck.

19 Jan 2015 19:20 #8216 by Charlotte
I have to agree with Banj on the tangents and Crankshaft on the legs of the dragon, but those rocks look great :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.