April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN April 22 - Time - Final entries

01 Apr 2022 11:59 - 09 May 2022 13:10 #40266 by Banj
Time

Brief:
 This month we ask you to interpret the title in whatever way you see fit, whether it's father time, a time piece, the passing of time, or something else. Get to it, times a wasting.

Deadline: Midnight on the 30th of April.  Voting open until midnight on the 8th of May

This thread is where you post your Final entries, WIPs (required for entry) should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...n-april-22-time-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

WINNER - BANJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2022 14:59 #40490 by Valence
Still a bit sparse and doodly but it'll have to do. :shrug:

Peer Pressure.  

And now... Time's Up! :ohmy:

Attachments:

01 May 2022 14:59 #40505 by Banj
Today is the one of May, so it's voting time. Please cast your votes between these two entries before midnight on the 8th of May when we will try and work out what to do with the tied vote again :
  • Valence
  • Banj

01 May 2022 15:02 #40506 by Banj
And I'm obviously voting for Valence. I'm not sure about the purple lens flair but the rest is great and he looks like he's ready for a curry.

01 May 2022 15:23 - 01 May 2022 15:50 #40507 by Valence
No, no, no, it is Banj who must be voted for. :aha:

The "stitch in time" is brilliantly conceived and portrayed, and the lighting and texture of the body is amazing. Also the sharpness of the clock "face" shows some wonderful control of edges and provides a satisfying focal point to the image.
Overall it's a much better exploration of the brief than I managed and it doesn't have a cheap, purple lens flare either. :thumbup: :lol:

Vote=Banj.

01 May 2022 16:50 #40511 by Charlotte
Oh no! It's a tie :P

My vote goes to Banj this month. I like the symbolism and the lighting. I wasn't sure about the pose originally but luckily the fabric of space time saved the day. I also like that we're not seeing the usual fantasy trope of a ripped warrior's body. I think my only "crit" is that if he was really sewing, his right hand would be more likely to hold on to the fabric than rest on his knee... :dry: But maybe sewing space time is different from sewing cotton...

Valence, I really like the mood and impression of the figure, but I am bothered by the purp... no, actually I'm not. I am bothered by the proportions. I keep reading the figure as having his feet at the bottom of the picture which makes his arms super long and his legs very, very short. And his further shoulder seems much wider than the nearer one. He does look very imposing, though. So much so that I first read those little moths as space ships :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 May 2022 18:02 #40523 by Valence
Didn't notice the shoulder thingie at all. :dumb:
But now it looks soooo obvious. :)

However it did feel lame to add that glare even while I was painting it. I just felt that the pic needed "something" at the bottom to distract from the shameful lack of detail elsewhere. :oops:

01 May 2022 19:27 #40524 by Charlotte
I don't mind the purple at all - I think it adds a bit of interest to the colour scheme :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 May 2022 13:09 #40617 by Banj
Voting is ended. By the power invested in me, I declare me the winner. Congratulations me.  Time was on my side.