Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.
The "stitch in time" is brilliantly conceived and portrayed, and the lighting and texture of the body is amazing. Also the sharpness of the clock "face" shows some wonderful control of edges and provides a satisfying focal point to the image.
Overall it's a much better exploration of the brief than I managed and it doesn't have a cheap, purple lens flare either.
My vote goes to Banj this month. I like the symbolism and the lighting. I wasn't sure about the pose originally but luckily the fabric of space time saved the day. I also like that we're not seeing the usual fantasy trope of a ripped warrior's body. I think my only "crit" is that if he was really sewing, his right hand would be more likely to hold on to the fabric than rest on his knee... But maybe sewing space time is different from sewing cotton...
Valence, I really like the mood and impression of the figure, but I am bothered by the purp... no, actually I'm not. I am bothered by the proportions. I keep reading the figure as having his feet at the bottom of the picture which makes his arms super long and his legs very, very short. And his further shoulder seems much wider than the nearer one. He does look very imposing, though. So much so that I first read those little moths as space ships
Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.