April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Oct21 - Orctober Finals

01 Oct 2021 12:26 - 01 Nov 2021 11:28 #36950 by Charlotte
Orctober

Brief: Well... duh? Though Banj says goblins are allowed too. I think.  

VOTING OPEN UNTIL NOV. 8TH
Entrants: 
Banj
Charlotte
Valence
Segujo

Deadline: Sunday the 31th of Spooktober at midnight (UTC).

This thread is where you post your final entries, WIPs (work in progress) should be posted over here: 
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-oct21-orctober-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2021 20:22 #37023 by segujo
Replied by segujo on topic CGAN Oct21 - Orctober Finals
This should be fun! ☺️

29 Oct 2021 23:06 - 30 Oct 2021 18:00 #37516 by Charlotte
I think I'm done, but you guys know what I'm like. I'll probably edit this post about 6 times before the deadline... My Wips 1-3: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...ctober-wips?start=60

My final

Edit 2: Seems I have accidentally deleted some comments I made in my original post and first edit. Oops. Oh and I made some minor changes to the final image :P 

Attachments:

30 Oct 2021 01:15 - 30 Oct 2021 01:26 #37517 by Valence
Well if everyone else is coming in early then I will too. :)
It's not as if he's gonna grow legs in the last day, is it? :dry:
(And yet, I may try and add those legs post-deadline. Maybe.)

1: Lumpy Boy  

2: Strappy BDSM Boy.  

3: Hairy Boy.  

And here he finally is with his soft lumpy axe...

And I did try to embed this in the post but it just wouldn't let me so  another link will have to do.  :eyeroll:
Do be patient for the second spin. :giggle:
Attachments:

30 Oct 2021 19:49 #37554 by segujo
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-orctober-wips#37026

cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-wips?start=10#37047

cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-wips?start=30#37311

Soo… hope the links and stuff turned out ok… 😝 
First time in ages I have come to anything like a finished state… thanks for this topic! 😊

Attachments:

01 Nov 2021 11:31 #37569 by Charlotte
VOTING OPEN
I haven't actually checked but I believe the polls are still broken, so, please cast your vote in a post below and feel free to include feedback as well.

The entrants are:
Banj
Charlotte
Valence
Segujo

01 Nov 2021 11:43 #37570 by Charlotte
My feedback & vote:

Banj,
This was impressive from the get go and I might have missed a few orcs here and there but I think it's unusual to see them in such elaborate gear. You also got a lot more action going on (and a background!) than the rest of us. Is that a few drops of blood falling from the sword? My one issue with this might be that it could actually be a human rather than an orc. It reminds me of something like an angry mongol from the days of Gengis Khan, or such. But I do love it.

Charlotte,
Hey, that's me! Uh... Well, I'm glad I actually did something and in just a little over a day. Though compared to the rest of the guys, I think my gal is a bit plain looking.

Valence,
Loving this guy too, and especially that cheeky smile he gives after roaring, in the video :P It was fun seeing you work on your orc and learning in the process (even if I didn't learn anything, myself). I think you came up with a "believable" design too, from the build and face, to the hair and... well, leather straps. And I don't think that axe looks rubbery at all.

Segujo,
This one was impressive from the start, just like Banj's I really like the style and the character in his face, as well as details such as the froth on the beer, the rim light, and the shine on his metal bracelet. One small gripe is that the highlight on the bracelet curves along with his hand and arm, making it look like the bracelet - on that side - isn't a stiff, fixed, shape but has maybe bent a little to follow his arm's shape.

Atto,
:shakefist: I was hoping you'd see my reply to your post on instagram, about there still being time to get your final in. :(

VOTE GOES TO
Banj
I just think this one outclasses every other image this month.

01 Nov 2021 13:04 #37578 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Oct21 - Orctober Finals
Another good turn out this month, shame Atto couldn't make it as well, his was also a cool design. Now to cast my vote for one of the orcs ("what about their legs? They don't need those!"). All three show a lot of character, Segujo has some nice rendering and lighting, Valence's makes me think of Leonardo dicaprio stop motion creatures, and Charlotte's is clearly unhappy about being started so late.

I am going to have to go with 

Valence

Largely because of the effort that went into learning how to do most of the things he did and managing to get anything done in Blender (including an animation). Although his final pose looks a little like he hit himself in the head with his pretty decent axe.

01 Nov 2021 17:21 #37595 by segujo
Well… my vote seems to have disappeared..?

Anyway.
Banj for great lighting. Looks like a movie shot!! 😊