April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2021 - The Keepers of Secrets - Final entries

01 Jul 2021 15:40 - 01 Aug 2021 12:12 #35586 by Banj
The Keepers of Secrets

Brief: taken from a suggestion in the challenge suggestions thread (cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...thly-challenge-brief) You are tasked with interpreting the title. The original suggestion was related to birds (which you are welcome to stick with), but we have opened it up to be whatever you want it to be.

Deadline: Saturday the 31st of July at midnight (UTC).

This thread is where you post your final entries. Works in progress (WIPs) should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...pers-of-secrets-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Winner - Valence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2021 23:09 #35729 by Valence
No more will be done tomorrow and the raven will not be enlarged further so I may as well post while the apocalypse is away. :dry:

The Wips are still here.

Attachments:

31 Jul 2021 20:34 #35737 by hansnomad
Valence--just popped in to see the what the topic was this month and --wow, this is some of the best work I've ever seen you do.  I love the symbolism and the darkness of the piece.  The character is rendered beautifully (and horrible at the same time).  That's really hard to pull off.  I can't believe you finished that in a month (I can rarely finish anything half that good in a month).

I found this month's topic funny because about two and half months ago I finished a piece that I called "The Keeper of Secrets."  Took me a Hell of a lot longer than a month though.  It must have been my psychic abilities channeling a future CG Art Nexus challenge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

01 Aug 2021 11:35 #35744 by Banj
Congratulations to Valence for this months win by default, but a well deserved one in my opinion. The final result is excellent and I like the addition of the keyhole. 

01 Aug 2021 11:50 #35745 by Valence
Hansnomad: Shadowy blank backgrounds are a great timesaver. :P
I think it was about ten hours work in the end and there was a lot of corrections going on in that time. It was hard choosing between all the different variations in the end. :dry:

And extra thanks to Banj for that valuable feedback. It would have looked very different (and sillier) without that.

PS. I did try to add a quote in this post but with the new editor I was unable to type anything outside of that quote. I may be doing something wrong there. :dumb:

01 Aug 2021 12:01 - 01 Aug 2021 12:06 #35746 by Banj

PS. I did try to add a quote in this post but with the new editor I was unable to type anything outside of that quote. I may be doing something wrong there. :dumb:

In the editor, when you mouse over the text containing the quote, you should see a red frame appear with an arrow at the bottom (the tootltip says something like add paragraph), click the arrow then you should be able to type after the quote. I haven't used this editor before so I wasn't aware there was a difference until now. 

EDIT - Also if you click the "Source" button you can just edit the post as straight text kind of like the old editor but lose the use of the buttons (you can switch between the two if you need them). If the new editor turns out to be a problem for people I could switch back to the old one.

01 Aug 2021 13:48 #35753 by Charlotte
Congrats Valence!
Sorry you didn't have time to finish yours, banj

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Aug 2021 14:19 #35755 by Valence
Ah, I was on my Android thingy so couldn't do a mouse-over thingy. :aha:

And thank you, Charlotte. :)

01 Aug 2021 14:23 #35757 by Charlotte
:hmm:
"Of Mice and Androids"
Sounds like a future challenge title :woohoo:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Aug 2021 14:47 #35758 by Banj

Ah, I was on my Android thingy so couldn't do a mouse-over thingy. :aha:

And thank you, Charlotte. :)

Ah, I see. You can still tap on it and reveal the thingy? I will need to test and see but I would be surprised if it wasn't mobile friendly.