Challenge rules and guidelines:
Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.
WINNER - VALENCE
Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
I agree, it fits the brief in a much clearer way than mine. It’s also a more successful image in its own right.
I watched the video after seeing the post and it was only then I really noticed all the cool little details, the bottles on the shelf through the doorway, the bowl and jug behind the antagonist and the detailing on the wall.
They all add up to create a really believable scene that sells the story and helps to immerse the viewer in the image.
My vote (rather obviously) goes to Val.
No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
I really love that bear!
It was interesting to watch the composition develop before our eyes and all the thought and decision making that went into it paid off in the end. The final contrast between the bear erupting from its chains behind the static defiant pose of the figure provides a visual impact and tension that elevates the image into something epic.