Charlotte
No votes 0%
Valence
No votes 0%
gixgidea
4 66.7%
Banj
2 33.3%
Total number of voters: 6 ( gixgidea, Mindbender, Banj, Digital Dave, Valence ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
02 Oct 2019 11:16 - 09 Nov 2019 12:35 #26116 by Charlotte
Halloween Inks

Brief: Since it's Inktober the challenge will be a bit different this time. We want to see ink drawings with a Halloween/Spooky* theme. Instead of the usual 2 wips of the same image, we want you to post at least 5 images but they can be entirely different. At the end of the month, you post your own favourite ink drawing in the finals thread.
*dia de los muertos counts, too

Deadline: Witching hour, October 31st. VOTING ENDS 8TH OF NOVEMBERERER

This is where you post your final entries. WIPs (work in progress) should be posted over here:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...oct19-halloween-inks

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP (5) images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

WINNER - GIXGIDEA

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2019 18:20 - 31 Oct 2019 14:40 #26560 by Charlotte
So...
1. Creepy Japanese Lady with really wonky hands - cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...halloween-inks#26122

2. Weird carnivorous mermaid - cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=10#26184

3. Black cat - cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=40#26336

4. Zombie Banj - cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=40#26345

5. TV-hating Zombie - cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=70#26531

6. The not very scary stick of Doom - cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=80#26543

7. Genetically modified child - cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=90#26559

And with a very few tiny changes (edit: of course I ended up making more changes|edit2: and then I changed it back a bit...), the final is the GMO child:

Note1: When I said that zombie was #2 ever, I lied. I'd forgotten both an avatar I made for Aywas AND Zombie Banj. How could I???

Note2: Was it here I mentioned the creepy story comic thingy? The child's from there, anyway. Children are very scary. Always.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mindbender

31 Oct 2019 14:19 - 31 Oct 2019 14:21 #26578 by gixgidea
Inks for the month:
1- Heartless Ghost
2- Spiral Monster
3- Demon Fairy
4- Cyclops Skelly
5- Full Pages of Drawings
6- Monster and Bat

My "final" image for this month:

Thank you all for welcoming back into the mix. I've really enjoyed participating in this one. Hopefully, I can make more time in my schedule to keep participating.
Attachments:

31 Oct 2019 16:12 #26586 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Oct19 - Halloween inks
1. Real ink - Pumpkin headed scarecrow guy dude cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=20#26211
2. Real ink - Oversharpened when posted Zombie guy dude in the rain cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=30#26276
3. Digital - Sorcery guy dude doing the wibbly wobbly magics cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=50#26409
4. Digital - Desperate backwards filler content cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=70#26542
5. Digital - More desperate filler not realising that Valence pretty much already did something similar earlier in the thread cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-inks?start=80#26552

For the final I have decided I like this one most:

Attachments:

01 Nov 2019 11:26 #26599 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN Oct19 - Halloween inks
Voting open until sometimes around the possible closing of the poll on the 8th of November :unsure:

03 Nov 2019 16:15 #26629 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN Oct19 - Halloween inks
This is a tricky one to call with so many pictures being done. :hmm:

I think Banj has the best full set of images, demonstrating terrific technical skill and consistency. (My personal favourite was the scarecrow pumpkin head.) I was particularly impressed by the fact that I couldn't spot the difference between the real ink and digital work. It's almost like he knows what he's doing ... unlike my own yearly Inktober experiences. :lol:
And your trick or treat child was waaaay better than mine. :aha:

Charlotte's collection showed the most variety in both styles and technique. Even the quickly sketched images, like the cat, still have an effective impact. The final image is well chosen too with the sinister contrast between the innocent expression and the dripping blood, and the piercing highlights of the eyes are quite striking against the darker gradients.

Meanwhile gixgidea's work had such charm and personality. And I think this set has the best final image. That particular picture has great characters, a little story with a well explained scenario and a creepy punchline to finish off.
And if I'm going to judge on those final images then I think gixgidea gets my vote. :thumbup:

04 Nov 2019 13:43 #26637 by Digital Dave
Some very nice works by everyone... Plus I've always had a passion for Sketches & Pen and Ink drawings.

Sometimes enjoying the mere scribbles and sketches over fully rendered images. But enjoyed going back and looking at all the works each person put in for this one.

But have to agree that I really like the story and feel of gixgidea's final image too. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

04 Nov 2019 14:18 #26643 by Charlotte
I should get better at providing feedback, but I'll just echo what Val said. He almost made me wish I'd voted for Banj, though, but I did vote for Gix as well. That cutesy quirky style is just adorable :)

05 Nov 2019 17:55 #26668 by Mindbender
Very well done, all of you. Ultimately Banj’s sorcerer gets my vote for it’s wonderfully ”Fighting Fantasy”-esque mood and style.