Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

April 2019 - Necromancer - Final entries

Poll: Necromancer vote

Banj
5 83.3%
Valence
1 16.7%
Total number of voters: 6 ( Digital Dave, oaktree, yatadragora, Valence, Charlotte ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
02 Apr 2019 14:16 - 01 May 2019 09:17 #24295 by Banj
Necromancer

VOTING HAS BEGUNETH
And should cease around May 8th.

Brief: Take yonder title and interpret it into a visual feat of death (or undeath, probably).

Deadline: Midnight on Tuesday the 30th of April.

This is where you post your Final entries. Your works in progress should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...019-necromancer-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote.
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2019 19:05 #24569 by Valence
Another not-quite-finished but...
I wasted far too much time on that first idea that didn't work.

Couple Of WIPs.

Attachments:

01 May 2019 13:03 #24574 by Banj
It came from nowhere...

Voting for Valence obviously. The ground and the open graves are incredibly well done, I like the floaty face in the sky, and the figures hanging there are pretty creepy. I suspect that something sinister is occurring :hmm: :argh:

01 May 2019 15:11 #24580 by Charlotte
Banj
The "dirty" and muted colours in this kind of reminds me of Luis Rojo. And the undead look decidedly (un)dead and creepy. I think the woman's face and left arm could have done with some extra work. On the arm I suspect it's the viewing angle and foreshortening that doesn't quite sell a bent arm - instead it looks short and the hand looks a bit big.

Valence
The colourscheme in yours makes me think sci fi :P I don't find it creepy, really, but more peaceful. Like the souls are getting help to move on. Or I would if there wasn't that sinister looking face in the clouds. Is he hungry? Does he eat souls? Should we be worried? :dry:

I applaud you both for finishing and I like both pictures though I find them entirely different.
But my vote will go to Banj.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 May 2019 18:43 - 01 May 2019 18:43 #24584 by Valence

Or I would if there wasn't that sinister looking face in the clouds. Is he hungry? Does he eat souls? Should we be worried?

He would only worry me if he had hands! :P

But Banj's hands are good and worthy of another vote.

And I know what you mean about the Luis Royo thing, Charlotte, I was thinking that too.
It also makes me think of it as a painting in an ancient book of magic recounting sinister legends. Something Hermione would find in the library. :)
'Tis a great picture with wonderful suggestive anatomy all limned by the well drawn flash of lightning. And even the rain has texture too!
Well Done! *votes*

And PS. All the ground in mine was just sketched in with those mossy/grass sticker sets in ArtRage. You can block out a convincingly textured ground plane pretty quickly without any need for skill. :whistle:

03 May 2019 07:50 #24598 by yatadragora
Banj
as theirs no other real choice because Valence's makes me think of abduction more than necromancy.

03 May 2019 09:17 #24599 by Charlotte
Glad to see you out of lurking yatadragora ;)
Don't forget to select your vote in the poll at the top of the page :)

03 May 2019 12:43 #24606 by yatadragora
ah thats how it works thought sibling did it by hand thanks back to lurk mode, call me yata it easier.

03 May 2019 12:51 #24608 by Charlotte
Definitely easier :)