Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Dec 2017 - ELVES! - Final entries

Poll: December Vote

Valence
5 83.3%
Charlotte
1 16.7%
Total number of voters: 6 ( octoberstormxx, oaktree, Banj, Digital Dave, Charlotte ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
02 Dec 2017 11:00 - 08 Jan 2018 13:40 #19433 by Banj
ELVES! :rock:

Brief: Paint some elves doing elf stuff. (proper little Christmassy elves, not them snobby Tolkein ones)

Deadline: December the 31st at minight GMT (Note that because of the New Year the voting may be a little delayed) VOTING OPEN UNTIL 8TH OF JANUARY

This is where you post your Final Entries. Works In Progress should be posted in the thread over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-dec-2017-elves-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
challenge rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

WINNER - Valence (see image in next post)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2017 23:00 #19673 by Valence
Yes, I know there are several days to go but I always think it feels weird continuing to paint a Christmas picture during the week AFTER Christmas. It's great to finally get the day over with and trying to rekindle that fake Christmassy feeling afterward is strangely ... unmotivating. (And that probably isn't a real word.) So if I can finish now it's definitely gonna get posted. Let's see...

Oversized head? Check.
Big eyes? Check.
Ropey hands? Check.
Too much cyan? Check.
Overlaid gimmicks? Check.
Yeah, it's definitely done. :lol: Same old, same old.

So, from the author of the acclaimed "Clarissa and Owl" series comes an all new book filled with festive fun!

Three WIPs, One Story.

And yes, I did use the same font as that previous book cover pic but it's not lack of originality. No, no, no. I'm just ... maintaining the publishing house style. Yes, that's it. :)

Good luck ...erm... everyone. :S
Attachments:

31 Dec 2017 20:47 - 31 Dec 2017 20:48 #19711 by Charlotte
May I present... "The Last Porridge"

It's not finished even to a sloppy level because I feel way too tired to continue. Definately not finished to a level I'd like. But anyhow. This way we can at least have a vote :p

Wips:
"I don't know what I'm doing" and "I'm procrastinating"
"aaaaaaaaah *panic*"

*Also, I'm doing this to proove I have no life on New Year's Eve. I'd like to sleep, but that's generally impossible until all the fireworks have quieted down...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

01 Jan 2018 15:24 #19720 by Banj
Voting open until January the 8th. :aha:

01 Jan 2018 18:53 #19726 by Valence
Well, in that case, I vote for you. *points at Charlotte*

Yes, YOU, sneaking in there at the last minute with a better idea. YOU, and that way that you did more work and achieved more detail in two days than I did in the whole preceding month. YOU with your classical composition and allusions to art history, with your variety of faces with different personalities, with that textured style reminiscent of that famous flaking fresco.
I vote you, Charlotte. YOU! :)

01 Jan 2018 19:10 #19727 by Charlotte
lol Thanks val - though I'd say it's more outright theft than an allusion to art history :P

And I vote for YOU, for having a finished picture, a children's book cover, back story and for "Mad Hamster Publishing" (that sounds good, doesn't it!?) ;)

Now we just need someone else to vote as well. Again.

08 Jan 2018 13:39 #19784 by Banj
I think that Valence may well have won with 4 votes to 1. Congratulations Valence, Happy New Win. :aha:

08 Jan 2018 14:32 #19787 by Charlotte
oooh we got more voters! :)
Congrats Val!!!