April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Nov 2017 - Victorian Heroes - Final entries

Poll: Victorian Heroes Voting (was ended 2017-12-08 00:00:00)

cgmythology
No votes 0%
Charlotte
2 50%
Valence
2 50%
Total number of voters: 4 ( Digital Dave, kazky, Valence, Charlotte )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
05 Dec 2017 10:15 #19456 by kazky
So CG gets a slap from my iron glove.

no wips links - does that mean disqualification? I will comment on the image however. As always is is beautifully rendered, I agree with comments about the gold being duller.

The pose in the chest area seems wrong to me, it's like she's twisting forward, we wouldn't normally see the far side of her chest at that angle.I love the colours, so rich and vibrant. However apart from the dress nothing says Victorian to me unfortunately, so i struggle to see it matching the brief beyond the dress. Beautiful picture in its own right though.

Val - great idea, this matches the brief perfectly for me and the text just adds to it. I think it could have been rendered a little more but I know you were pushed for time changing the idea mid way.

Charlotte, I absolutely adore how you have rendered her clothes, absolutely perfect and could be in a book. I just don't really get Victorian from it. I love it though.

this week my vote goes to Val, it just ticks the most boxes for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2017 11:51 #19457 by Charlotte
Yay we have another vote! :)
I'm pretty sure the dress is victorian style, but it's children's wear. It's part of the reason I chose Buffy - because she was young when she came into "her powers". There aren't that many kid superheroes about but I felt I wanted to make one of those shorter dresses :P (Then again Buffy's figure ended up somewhat more mature than the clothes are hinting at...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Dec 2017 14:32 #19459 by Digital Dave
Some very nice works by all. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

08 Dec 2017 16:08 #19481 by Charlotte

Attachments:

08 Dec 2017 16:24 #19483 by Valence
Attachments:

08 Dec 2017 16:31 #19485 by Charlotte

08 Dec 2017 19:07 #19489 by Banj
Well, I can cast a deciding vote if you like as I thought I still had a day and just came in to cast a vote :hmm:

08 Dec 2017 19:08 #19490 by kazky
Ye go for it banj

08 Dec 2017 19:15 #19491 by Charlotte
sounds like a plan :)

08 Dec 2017 19:17 - 08 Dec 2017 19:18 #19492 by Banj
Well...

cgmythology, striking and colourful image, and I immediately recognised who it was meant to be the moment I saw it. It doesn't say Victorian to me though.

Valence, the photographic style fits the theme perfectly and the machinery is nicely handled.

Charlotte, gets my vote. Partly because I'm a Buffy fan, but also because it is definitely Victorian, and it looks like it came straight from an issue of one of the comics. I like the style, and the colouring on the main figure is very well done (all that practice colouring those ayw... those awya... those small thingamies has paid off).

EDIT - Which I guess would make Charlotte the winner this month. Congratulations.