Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job

01 Aug 2014 22:38 #4680 by Digital Dave
1 - Claude
2 - Micro
3 - Kodabble

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2014 22:46 #4682 by ClaudeCrow
I should really be in bed so I'll keep it brief.

1 Kodabble - Nice clear design. "The CG Art" does seem a little out of place with the rest and perhaps it could of done with representing a sci-fi/fantasy digital art community site more obviously. Overall a solid result.

2 Microscopi - Nice image but the text is a little small and doesn't stand out much against the background. It could be that the 1000px width limitation is holding it back however.

3 Cherry Graphics - It's a great concept. There is quite a lot going on in the image though. It could of done with having a little more focus on the logo I reckon.

Oaktree - Nice layout and idea but the individual elements feel very separate. Perhaps due to the lighting or maybe that each of the elements is rendered with a lot of detail. Something you might want to look at in your next works :)

02 Aug 2014 05:37 #4693 by octoberstormxx
1. Claudecrow
2. Kodabble
3. Microscopi

04 Aug 2014 03:08 #4767 by Kodabble
1 ClaudeCrow: Excellent concept and coloring. As mentioned the words are well placed. Really like the background as well as the wizard and knight on the left side. The front character is clean and interesting though his face almost looks like an old bellows camera. Not really sure about the far figure in the right but other than that a really beautiful work.

2 microscopi: This is a really nice banner piece. Great color. You have a lot of sci-fi and fantasy objects and detail, I just wish the piece were bigger when you click it so you can see it all. This makes objects like the one in the center a little vague, otherwise if it were a full size webpage banner across a computer screen it works.

3 oaktree: I like the concept with the bubbles. Fun idea. The background colors really came together from original WIPs. The one thing I would do would do would make all the smaller figures/bubbles bigger with overlapping.

CherryGraphics: A clever poster design. I like the idea of the art work in process and the announcement. The idea of the sketches turning into real objects is really nice. I do have some issues with the girls anatomy especially the twist from front view top to side, also the leg and foot seem to be out of proportion.

Great job everyone this was a fun way to get the new web site started. :)

04 Aug 2014 11:52 #4776 by ebArt
Here's my vote:
1) ClaudeCrow - Amazing concept. Just beautifully sums up all that inspires me in digital fantasy art. Great job!
2) microscopi - Lovely Colour Palette. The atmospheric landscape effects and wide format nicely capture the depth and wide scope of fantasy art.
3) CherryGraphics - Eye catching and colourful poster! Great job with mixing the painterly, illustrative and graphic design styles.

Good Luck!

04 Aug 2014 19:41 - 04 Aug 2014 19:44 #4795 by microscopi
Great challenge guys, had a lot of fun :P

(1) Claude - Really cool characters designs, have a retro feel to them, love the details, pretty awesome.

(2) Cherry - Cool idea very Inventive as usual, it's really well designed and the details and color look really great.

(3) Oak - The wIzard is really cool, and the mix of colors and detail you have going are really vibrant and stand out a lot.

Kod - The landscape looks awesome with the words ebedded, and the clouds surrounding the text especially the shadows look really cool.

04 Aug 2014 22:46 #4802 by gixgidea
1. Claudecrow
2. Microscopi
3. Koddable

Great work everyone and congratulations on your first challenge on this site!

05 Aug 2014 09:07 #4815 by CherryGraphics
1) micro - I love the wide scene and your colors!
2) claude - great characters, but a bit to pale for me. ^^
3) oaktree - nice! I like how it turns out with the stars in the back. :)
kodabble - I like the scene and the stone-like word but the other font doesn't really fit with the rest in my opinion. Another would be better I think.

good challenge!

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

05 Aug 2014 10:01 #4817 by Stuart
Microscopi
ClaudeCrow
Kodabble

05 Aug 2014 11:18 #4818 by Tyl
1) Claudecrow: nice artwork, layout, graphic design... love it
2) Koddable
3) Cherrygraphics