April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN - June 2015 - IT Movie Poster - Pennywise remake - Final

Poll: Who made your favourite scary IT poster? (was ended 2015-07-08 00:00:00)

Haywire
1 10%
Valence
3 30%
CherryGraphics
2 20%
microscopi
4 40%
SchizophreniaWolf
No votes 0%
Susie1981
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 10 ( Kodabble, microscopi, Susie1981, CherryGraphics, ArtbyAlReid ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
12 Jul 2015 12:03 #11744 by Charlotte
I asked Banj about this the moment we got the poll system working. Unfortunately it does not allow any multiple votes... Nor do I think it's possible to add more than one poll (which could otherwise be a way around it all - unless people gave all three votes to the same entry...:P)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2015 20:28 #11776 by Kodabble
Just wanted to say congrats microscopi. Nicely done.

16 Jul 2015 10:57 #11782 by Banj
Re Polling system and tied votes...

I mentioned to Charlotte the other day a possible solution to tied votes which would be to clear out the completed poll and create a new replacement poll containing only the tied entrants, then everyone would get to vote again for their preferred image from the tied entries. It's not a perfect solution because there is always the possibility of another tied vote :facepalm:, also voting would take longer due to the second round of voting.

The other option I originally suggested prior to using the poll was that ties were decided by a final admin vote. That then becomes problematic if we were taking part in the challenge ourselves.

The other other option is to just scrap the idea of the poll and return to the usual comment voting, which is nice but means more work for whoever is counting up votes (and they already have to deal with a lot of additional stuff behind the scenes).

The 3 place voting system introduced on the IFX forum was never actually anything to do with resolving tied votes, prior to that voting was a single vote per person and ties were dealt with by giving the win to whomever reached the total first.

19 Jul 2015 04:41 - 19 Jul 2015 04:50 #11807 by Digital Dave
I agree, in that I like the new polling system over the old way, but do see the issues with ties possibly becoming a problem. I thought the same even before reading you response above, that there would always be a chance of a second tie, if there were a re-vote needed for an initial tie.

Just some thoughts...

First, is there a way to set up a three vote polling system? (Edit: just happened to see Charlotte's post above after posting)

Second, I kind-of think the who got the votes first would work, but still doesn't seem fair in a way? Lets face it, some don't have the luxury to get on here anytime they want. Some might just have issues signing in, or issues with their internet, computers, etc., and were not able to get their vote recorded in a timely matter. ... I can also see apologetic post following, saying stuff like 'I'm sorry I wasn't able to vote earlier, etc.'

Lastly, maybe just do one of the following.... Simply ask everyone who chooses to vote, to do both? I mean, simply click the poll for their first, clear choice, and also do a quick post stating who their three choices overall were. - I know this might seem redundant to some, but it would be helpful to the admins in the majority of the challenges. This would help the admins when there was any clear winners, but having the additional votes as well, would then only come into play when there was a tie. - Or, simply have two winners? I know the winners back on the IFX forum would get their images placed in the mag, but with this site, couldn't we simply show there was a tie for that month?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D