April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Nov. 2014: Zombie Proof House, FINALS

01 Nov 2014 09:46 #6906 by Charlotte
Title: Zombie Proof House
Brief: I hope nobody minds that I continue the halloween and zombie theme. You see, Kazky really needs a zombie-proof house, so I thought we could design one for her. It's up to you whether it's for a small or large number of survivors, and whether it's a landscape shot, architectural type drawing, floor plan or cutaway view - or a combination of several views. There should at least be something to make the viewer understand just why the house is safe, though.

Deadline: Sunday November 30th, by midnight GMT.
This is where you posts your final entries. You works in progress should be posted over here:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...bie-proof-house-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/forums/challenge-rules/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one set of votes, for their 3 favourites.
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Nov 2014 21:49 - 28 Nov 2014 21:50 #7380 by Valence
Right, I've made my decision and gone for the image with no text. The text works well within the context of the challenge but if you saw the image without knowing the brief it'd look a bit odd and hopefully the features are understandable when you just see them.
Oh and I tweaked the curves a bit to make the shadows darker. And here it is.

1: Grey Garbage.
2: Take A Slide Down Lean Street.
3: Multiple Choice.
Attachments:

01 Dec 2014 11:55 #7409 by Charlotte
uhm, well... we have a winner. Not much point voting but please feel free to provide feedback! I think Valence deserves that after working so valiantly on his entry all month!

Personally I've really enjoyed the WIP posts about how you've worked on this, tried new things and how you've made your decisions Valence. So regardless of the lack of entries I think it's a well deserved win!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

01 Dec 2014 11:59 #7412 by kazky
congratulations Valence, it is a very worthy win and matched the brief perfectly. And maaaan I would love to live there when the apocalypse hits.

01 Dec 2014 19:32 #7436 by Valence
As any tyrannical dictator will tell you, in any "free" and "fair" "election" involving one candidate, a default win is still a win. :cheer:

01 Dec 2014 20:30 #7439 by kazky
Too right Dr evil

02 Dec 2014 20:38 #7458 by Kodabble
But a well deserved win. Nice work Valence. Makes me think of the old Charlton Heston movie "The Omega Man" :huh:

Attachments:

04 Dec 2014 11:22 #7494 by CherryGraphics
Great entry Valence! I'm sorry i couldn't find time to work on my own but this month I'll definitly join the challenge :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

06 Dec 2014 05:39 #7516 by Digital Dave
Congrats, Valence. Sorry there wasn't more entries, but like the others have said, it is definitely worthy of the win. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Dec 2014 17:16 #7547 by Domtopia
It looks good Val! Nice work!

Plus I got a newsletter from CGArtnexus which had your final image posted up with it. So, you got some nice free advertising too!!

Cool!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!