March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN August 2014 Challenge - Ode to Banj

01 Aug 2014 16:42 - 06 Aug 2014 10:55 #4657 by Charlotte
Thanks to everyone who's been discussing ideas in the monthly topic suggestions thread, especially with regards to doing something for Banj for setting up this new haven.

Title: Ode to Banj
Brief: Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was a small country ruled by the stern Queen Cat. By her side was her magician and advisor the mysterious Webmaster as well as her trustworthy Knight Banj of the Round Wheel with his trustworthy (or not so trustworthy?) squire Binky. Depict Banj (who may or may not be small and furry) in his endeavors to keep Queen and Country safe. Additional characters, as described above, optional.

Deadline: Sunday August 31st, by midnight GMT.
Final entries are posted in this thread while works in progress should be posted over here:
cgartnexus.com/forums/challenge-wips/153...de-to-banj-wips#4658

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/forums/challenge-rules/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one set of votes, for their 3 favourites.
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2014 20:14 - 28 Aug 2014 20:17 #5666 by SchizophreniaWolf
Attachments:

29 Aug 2014 13:27 - 29 Aug 2014 23:21 #5678 by AngieA
Calling it finished. This has been a great learning experience for me, thank you all for the opportunity to join in and for the kind feedback. Good luck everyone.

cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...j-wips?start=60#5317
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...j-wips?start=80#5431
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...j-wips?start=90#5534
Attachments:

29 Aug 2014 22:13 - 30 Aug 2014 17:28 #5691 by microscopi
Was a pretty great challenge, I think i'm going to call it finished too, good luck guys. (sorry bout the banter but i'm going to Italy next week too!)

WIP 1
WIP 2
WIP 3
WIP 4

Attachments:

31 Aug 2014 02:26 #5753 by Digital Dave
Great works for this one everyone. Here's my 'Ode to Banj'

Wip 1
Wip 2
Wip 3
Wip 4

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

31 Aug 2014 17:15 - 31 Aug 2014 17:31 #5777 by oaktree
Here is my entry it went through several changes thanks for all the help. Good luck all nice work.
Wip 1
Wip 2
Wip 3
Wip 4

Attachments:

31 Aug 2014 23:33 #5796 by Kodabble
Well this is where I got when I ran out of time so call it done. It was fun even though I lost a save that cost me four hours.
My Bad, Good Luck everyone.

WIP!
WIP2
WIP3
Attachments:

01 Sep 2014 07:34 #5801 by Charlotte
As I mentioned in the WIP thread I might hold off on the voting a day or two due to the site's login issues, but I'll get back to you when it's time to vote!

03 Sep 2014 15:53 #5878 by Charlotte
OK, since two of the three people who had posted wip's but not finals have posted that they won't post any finals I will start the voting process... As usual, vote for your top three favourites, clearly stating 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Please consider including feedback.

These are the entrants:
SchizophreniaWolf
AngieA
microscopi
Digital Dave
oaktree
Kodabble

Voting will close by midnight saturday UK time so I can tally them all up on Sunday. If you still have issues with logging in or know somebody else who does, give me a shout and the voting deadline may be extended.

05 Sep 2014 14:23 #5916 by AngieA
Ok I shall be brave and start things off. These are just my personal taste and no offence to anyone because I like them all.

1. SchizophreniaWolf- for thinking outside the box and because I love that cat.

2. Oaktree- because I like the atmosphere of the painting.

3. Kodabble- this one was very close but even though it wasn't quite finished I though Kodabbles characters and the storybook feel were charming.