April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

20 Oct 2017 16:31 #18781 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

and tonight it's Resident Evil: Damnation - the animated movie.... woooo like watching someone else play a video game? hmm...

I remember my brother telling me about watching that on his Playstation, at one point the screen faded to black and he immediately scrabbled around for the controller as if he was going to get back control of the character. Then he remembered it wasn't a cut scene and he was watching a film.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2017 16:34 #18782 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
I think I might have seen a game demo or played a game demo - or possibly it's been another trailer for the film... I remember something with the main character and that big fleshy monster but... not the trailer I just saw. I guess I might have caught a few minutes of the movie some other time.

Anyway I'm rather sceptical to it being worth watching... Did your brother enjoy it?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Oct 2017 16:43 #18783 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Actually it may have been Degeneration he was talking about, but same thing really. The animated Resident Evil films at least have something to do with the games unlike the live action things, so they are entertaining enough if you like the games. They aren't terribly memorable though. And they are very much like a series of in game cut scenes strung together (at least the one I remember watching was).

20 Oct 2017 16:45 #18784 by Charlotte
well I never played the games (except possibly for that demo I have a vague memory of) and I think I prefer the movies with Jovovovovovovich or whatshername... Maybe I can find something else to watch. (Or there's always trick or treating, herb stealing and pumpkin finding to do...)

20 Oct 2017 20:48 #18789 by Charlotte
I started watching the movie and it turns out it's what I did last time. :P I started watching and couldn't be bothered to finish...

21 Oct 2017 15:32 #18805 by Charlotte
Never thought I'd say, or do, this but tonight I just might end up watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) :D

21 Oct 2017 16:50 #18806 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
It's not the worst Michael Bay movie, not by a long shot. If you go in with really low expectations you *might* be ever so slightly entertained in a mindless, flippant way. :)

21 Oct 2017 16:57 #18807 by Charlotte
well I watched the trailer - it seemed it would be enough to keep me entertained. Of course there wasn't much of a plot line in the trailer. ("must....stop... shredder...") so I might have issues with that once I see enough :P But it probably beats having nothing to watch at all...

Some of my other options:
Les Miserables (which I have on DVD and will insist on watching on DVD - eventually - since I've paid for it), Chinese Zodiac (seen it), House by the Lake (Romance with Keanu? meh), Sports :yuk:, News and Temptation Island :more yuk:)

21 Oct 2017 17:42 #18808 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Miserable Les (as I like to call it) would be great if it wasn't for the singing. :) Not a big fan of musicals. I don't mind it when a film has a big song or two in it (even if the characters are singing: that scene in Magnolia where everyone sings Wise Up is amazing!) but I can't stand it when they try and fit nearly all the drab dialogue into some ad hoc, stuctureless melody.

Put the sport on. :P :lol:

21 Oct 2017 17:47 #18809 by Charlotte

Put the sport on. :P :lol:

:dead: