April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

08 Sep 2017 15:35 #18095 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
If it's the same one I looked at the other day, I was thinking of checking it out. I know the name has Texas in it, and I believe it has supernatural elements to it? ... Will have to check when I get home. Taking off half a day.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2017 15:36 #18096 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
yup it's supposed to have supernatural stuff... Think it's the same producers (or something) as True Blood? Or some other such series...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Sep 2017 16:53 - 08 Sep 2017 17:02 #18099 by Digital Dave
Yeah, that does sound like the one, cause I remember them saying that about True-Blood. - I just looked it up and it's called Midnight Texas... previews have looked pretty good, but sometimes they can be misleading.

08 Sep 2017 17:13 #18101 by Charlotte
I guess I'll know in a few hours whether it's worth watching... :)

08 Sep 2017 17:16 - 08 Sep 2017 19:47 #18102 by Digital Dave
Well, I hope it is. There's not much on TV these days, at least that's worth investing in. :)

EDIT: I just happened to check for showings, and found out it's actually been on for 7 weeks now. Just watched the first episode, and have the second one running now. I didn't realize it was on demand through Sling.TV

Definitely has a True Blood feel to it, but I'm also getting a Twin Peaks vibe as well. :) ... just wish it was on cable, instead of regular tv, since they always try to keep it from getting too crazy.

08 Sep 2017 20:38 #18103 by Charlotte
It's the same author behind the series apparently (Charlene Harris). Anyway I found it rather enjoyable. Certainly not the usual "just a hint of weird" or a "possible ghost" lol

Seems it's gotten some bad crits though :P But I rather like Peter Mensah's blue eyed vampire...

08 Sep 2017 21:27 - 08 Sep 2017 21:28 #18104 by Digital Dave
Yeah, those blue eyes are definitely different. :) He's been getting a lot more work lately too. Mostly after seeing him in the Spartacus series.

Myself, I never pay attention to reviewers. I find that most of those people who do them, are most the times idiots, and also people I would never go to the movies with in the first place! :P ... Some will pick every sappy movie and say it's the best ever, and put down anything that takes any imagination to enjoy.

09 Sep 2017 06:50 #18106 by Charlotte
I remember a reviewer like that from when I went to Uni. He worked for the local papers, and he hated everything that wasn't a western. Then Swedish TV hired a real proper movie nerd to do reviews and he was actually worth listening to. :) (But they were both long ago)

10 Sep 2017 15:17 #18118 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
I remember seeing adverts for Midnight Texas, and then I forgot about it. I do that a lot. :lol: And now they're seven episodes in I can't really squeeze in a catchup binge watch.
Maybe when it gets repeated in a year or two.
If I remember... ;)

11 Sep 2017 00:36 #18122 by Digital Dave
I've watched 3 episodes since Friday, and since the wife's been watching them with me, we will just throw one on when there's nothing else on. Hasn't been bad, at least entertaining so far. ... still wish it was on cable though

PS - The wife loves the cat. ;)