April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

14 Aug 2017 10:38 #17617 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2017 11:21 #17624 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
That shirt's fitting (No pun intended) for Mr. Tennant. ... :)

Miss him as the 'Doctor' and actually waiting to catch him in the last season of Broadchurch. It's presently on now, but I decided to wait until it's over and watch the entire season, instead of weekly.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

14 Aug 2017 11:25 #17625 by Charlotte
I think Broadchurch is on here as well, but I haven't been watching. I tend to prefer the weekly episodes or else I never (as in hardly ever) sit down to watch anything... I like having something in the evening that tears me away from my computer :P (Currently it's the seasonal TV drought however, hardly anything on worth watching at all...)

14 Aug 2017 12:19 #17626 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
I really enjoyed season's 1 & 2, and will watch the last season when it's completed as I stated. ... I actually remember coming across a story on-line one day that due to the success of the show, they decided to make a remake of it here in the US. :argh: (But under the name 'Gracepoint') And it stated that the first two episodes would be nearly identical, (and yep, I mean, word for word!) but with different actors of course. Except David Tennant, who would reprise his roll as lead detective. :dunno: Why...why would you do this!?! ... I mean, we can watch Broadchurch itself on BBC America, so why on earth would I want to watch the same show, with different folks in it? But they said people who enjoyed Broadchurch, should still tune in, because they were thinking to change some stuff, tweaking the story some, like changing the outcomes? Such as having a different persons of interest, etc. etc. etc. (They mean ruin it in my eyes ) But I refuse to watch it and never will. - (Trying not to say too much, since you haven't watched it, and I hate ruining stories for others

But if you do get the chance, I think Broadchurch is worth a watch. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

14 Aug 2017 12:37 #17627 by Charlotte
And I thought it was silly when American companies (or British for that matter) redo movies or TV series in English instead of just subtitling, like you folks can't read... :blink: Maybe they think you Americans don't understand British? :p

(It gets extra silly when they keep all the original names etc... Like when Kenneth Branagh plays Wallander and nobody can pronounce their own names or the place they live.... :eek: why not just move the whole story to a British setting? :?)

14 Aug 2017 15:14 #17628 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Even though they get remade, we do get quite a lot of original subtitled Scandinavian shows here, like Borgen, The Bridge and Wallander. (And don't hate me, but I quite liked the Kenneth Branagh version. It had some lovely photography.) They all have quite a good following too. The original Danish version of The Killing is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen and got a lot of attention when it was shown.

Never watched Broadchurch though. I sometimes feel like I'm the only person in the world that can't stand David Tennant in any form.

14 Aug 2017 15:17 #17629 by Charlotte
:lol: well he is a bit creepy.

14 Aug 2017 16:22 #17630 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
I can’t stand him either, I never tend to watch series, never seen GoT, breaking bad, broadchurch etc. It just seems too much investment of my time. The exception is The Walking Dead, just because it’s zombies, & I avidly watched Lost. I kind of like to drop in & out of tv

14 Aug 2017 17:11 #17631 by Charlotte
I liked Lost when it started. I'm pretty sure I said this before but it's one of those series who just seem to get more and more ... lost... More and more strange things that go unexplained forever, more and more stupid choices by the same people like they never learn shit... I lost interest when there was like 1 or 2 seasons left I think...

14 Aug 2017 17:15 #17632 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Yeah I agree, some of the episodes just left you wondering why you kept watching, but on the whole, I enjoyed it