March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Totally Random

12 Aug 2017 10:05 #17586 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
They just have too many legs. And too many eyes. And they move creepily. And their cobwebs, as mentioned, feel *shudders*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2017 12:06 - 12 Aug 2017 12:06 #17587 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
I don't fear spiders either, but can't stand their webs! ... Like mentioned already, seems like every morning, or at least 4/5 times a week, when I walk down the car-port to the vehicle I always seem to run into one. And yep, right across the damn face!!! :angry: ... Then you realize, you only feel the ones that hit your face because it's hitting skin, anywhere else you simply don't feel it, but you eventually find those webs on you sometime later, and can't seem to get it all off.

And I'm not sure how it is around the rest of the world, but some of the little suckers are getting quite large these days and even more potent than ever. People seem to be getting more afraid of them, and for some, very good reason. ... Like the 'Brown Recluse', which over the past few years is getting a lot of press due to the damage they do when you get bit.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

12 Aug 2017 12:44 #17588 by Charlotte
Swedish spiders are mostly harmless, though I think some have a bite not too different from a bee sting. (When I was a kid everyone said no spiders could bite through your skin but it's apparently bs. Luckily I've never been bit.)

Sometimes we get visitors from far away places, though :eek: and some of the swedish ones grow quite large (like small mice, legs included - they lived in the laundry/basement where I lived* while studying at uni...)

*disclaimer - despite appearances I did not live in the basement.

12 Aug 2017 13:29 #17589 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
BS would indeed be correct. I can tell you they do bite, and some can be quite bad! ... I remember when I was around 10 years old, I woke with a spider-bite on the upper part of my leg/thigh area. - After seeing a doctor, because it was infected/swollen, each day I had to break open the two punctures and squeeze out everything I could from the swollen area. (took about 10-15 minutes) I can tell ya, there was every color I can remember that came out, and it hurt like hell doing it. ... Took about two weeks of this to get it to heal up.

Never did see it of course, but seems these new ones they speak of now-a-days are even more potent and do a lot more damage to people.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

12 Aug 2017 13:44 #17591 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

Swedish spiders are mostly harmless, though I think some have a bite not too different from a bee sting.

That's just what they want you to think :paranoid:

12 Aug 2017 14:17 #17592 by Charlotte
you mean.... them?

12 Aug 2017 18:43 #17595 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Jeez Dave that sounds horror movie stuff & Charlotte they we’re as big as mice, god I would be out of there. Spiders are definitely getting bigger though & some are aggressive wth!!!

12 Aug 2017 21:00 #17597 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random

And they move creepily.

They certainly do. They "scuttle".
It's jerky and robotic and ... wrong!

12 Aug 2017 21:30 #17600 by Charlotte
Yes. And sometimes they just slowly randomly kind of poke a leg in the air....

14 Aug 2017 10:24 #17616 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
:omg: spider talk still going on. Backs away from thread :argh: