April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

31 Aug 2022 21:36 #41913 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Come on, Banj. Finish the AI challenge before  it finishes for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2022 22:05 #41915 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
People just don't appreciate all the artistic skill involved in thinking of words and writing them down. It's not easy you know.

01 Sep 2022 06:14 #41917 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Forget about words. Thinking is hard, period. :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Sep 2022 12:55 #41920 by Charlotte
:shakefist:

(Sorry, I've been reading the news)

01 Sep 2022 13:35 #41924 by Valence
News seems to have that effect on people these days. :rage:

We should stop reading news and look at more cat pictures.

01 Sep 2022 14:10 - 01 Sep 2022 14:28 #41926 by Charlotte
That sounds nice. Swedish elections are on Sept 11th and it seems the largest left wing party is moving further and further to the right. As are all the already right wing parties. And they're competing about making the least democratic suggestions possible.

Language tests and possibly mandatory preschool for kids with foreign parents. But not for kids with Swedish parents.
Using DNA samples from babies to catch criminals. (Not sure how that's intended to work, but I think we already have rules that prevents us from storing the DNA of everyone born.)
Letting cops search premises even when they suspect no crime (which I don't get... if they suspect nothing, what cause do they have to make a search? :dumb:)
Exile whole families if one person in the family commits a crime
Consider things such as sexual orientation and religion as invalid grounds for asylum (apparently you can choose your sexual orientation these days - or maybe they just think people should hide it if they live in a country where their particular preference is punishable by death) - Luckily even the other right wingers objected to this suggestion.

And as of today there are only two (small) parties that are still saying no to nuclear power. We held a vote in the 80ies where it was decided we'd get rid of it, but... more and more people think it's "clean" and "safe", though I'm willing to bet they don't want the power plants or the waste sites in their own neighborhood.

I just hate how opinion seems to sway with the wind... Just now, we're short of electricity so everyone wants more nuclear power in spite of the fact that we can't possibly have that until way after the current issues have passed anyway. And there's a war in Ukraine which is relatively close, so suddenly the military needs more money and soldiers. The parties are competing about suggesting varied increases in the number of soldiers while the Military itself is trying to point out that they don't actually need any more than what has already been decided... The politicians want more cops and longer punishments while "Criminal Care" (or whatever you'd call it) points out that the prisons are already full and they're lacking enough staff to handle it and it all becomes unsafe.

But Tjernobyl and Fukushima are forgotten and apparently nobody worries about Zaporizjzja either. Nope, nuclear is perfectly safe even if Russia apparently is dangerous enough that we need a stronger military, but you know, they'd never shoot at OUR nuclear power plants. :eyeroll:

And meanwhile the world is drying up, burning and flooding all at once, but why care about climate change? There are still a percentage or so of scientists who claim it might not be caused by humans.

:rage:

Sorry for the rant. :blush:

01 Sep 2022 14:18 #41927 by Valence
I said...
Cat.
Pictures.
:confident:

01 Sep 2022 14:27 #41928 by Charlotte

Attachments:

01 Sep 2022 16:48 #41930 by Charlotte
27 new emails? Why do I keep getting bunches of emails like this, that say they arrived days ago when I check my email every day!? :argh:

07 Sep 2022 19:09 - 07 Sep 2022 19:09 #41966 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
Maybe they just didn't think you were really ready for them yet?   ... I too get e-mails and even text, days later after they were sent. Hell, sometimes while I'm on the phone with the person who sent it! Gotta love technology.  

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D