April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

06 Apr 2021 16:44 #34359 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
This is not how chocolate works :shakefist:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Apr 2021 17:13 #34360 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
:yoda:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Apr 2021 17:22 #34361 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
You forget, that no matter the type of chocolate, there are always some nuts trying to jump into the action. :silly:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Apr 2021 18:05 #34362 by Charlotte
True, Dave. And unless they're cashews or peanuts I do tend to avoid them.... :dry:

29 Apr 2021 19:18 #34623 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Squeezed the last drop of black paint out of a tube today and it didn't come out smoothly. It sputtered and spat everywhere leaving me to clean up the mess. :(
But now I can move on to a new tube. :woohoo:
Except the nearby store doesn't sell tubes any more and instead it comes in one of these squeezy tub things...

So I struggled to pop the cap (which is far too tight and stiff) turned it upside down and waited.... No paint.
So I squeezed gently. :S
No paint.
After unscrewing the entire top I realized that there was a protective seal over the tub, so let's remove that. Except it wouldn't peel off. So I punctured it with scissors creating another nice splat of paint. I cleaned that up and cleaned the scissors then poked my fingers into the hole to pull off the seal, which was also covered in paint and now my hands are covered in paint. :eyeroll:

*washes hands*

I now put the cap back on and turn it all upside down and wait for the paint to flow.... I squeeze gently.... No paint.
I unscrew the cap again and realize that there's another seal, this time cardboard, in the underside of the lid. I puncture it with the scissors and clean up the mess.
Still no paint flows.
I unscrew the lid. Again. I remove the cardboard seal (that's covered with paint) re-wash my hands (which are covered with paint) and finally, with everything cleaned and removed, I turn it upside down and wait...
I squeeze gently....
And STILL no paint flows! :rage:

So let's forget about the little nozzle/spout thing. I shall remove the lid and just scoop out the necessary bit of paint with a straight narrow palette knife. :stare:

THIS ... is why I prefer digital. :)
Attachments:

29 Apr 2021 20:03 #34624 by Charlotte
:giggle:
Meanwhile, the rest of us enjoy hearing the tales of your adventures :D

29 Apr 2021 20:43 #34625 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
The really sad thing is that I shortened the story to save on my typing. There were two more hand washing sessions and another moment when I got paint on my glasses too. :eyeroll:

But the actual real painting with brushes went OK. :)

01 May 2021 20:04 #34664 by Charlotte
In Swedish news today: The number of patients in emergency units is incomprehensibly high. Quoting the article, quoting staff at one hospital:
"Pre-covid we had about 70 patients here. Now we have the double and only half of them have covid. It's incomprehensible."

:facepalm:

Also, from a TV program about Nessie, it's possible that Nessie is a time traveller because there's a lot of quartz in the ground around Loch Ness and since quartz can make watches work, it can also cause time portals... :S

03 May 2021 14:20 #34681 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

"Pre-covid we had about 70 patients here. Now we have the double and only half of them have covid. It's incomprehensible."

Hope they can find out the cause of this incomprehensible mystery. What could possibly be the answer? :dumb:

03 May 2021 15:58 #34686 by Charlotte
Maybe there's a lot of quartz in the walls and people are swimming in and out of time? :dumb: